• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he does there will be less opposition to the hiring of a Hitman than the bloody silent protest! Only said in jest obviously, honestly officer!
I'm off on my hols the end of the week @BEERMONSTER. There are lots of Albanians where I am going & I'm sure I could sort something out..................I mean only getting a little old lady to "tell him his fortune" or something similar. 😇😇

I'm off on my hols the end of the week @BEERMONSTER. There are lots of Albanians where I am going & I'm sure I could sort something out..................I mean only getting a little old lady to "tell him his fortune" or something similar. 😇😇
Yes perhaps you could arrange for him to meet with this Albanian chap for investment!

Attachments

• desktop-wallpaper-albanian-mafia-albanian-mafia-cagoule.jpg
    desktop-wallpaper-albanian-mafia-albanian-mafia-cagoule.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 15
Stan Collymore seems to have disappeared. Haven’t seen him at any games this season. Didn’t he say he could get a consortium to buy the club when he first turned up?

No real update, a month to go.. we are finished
Yep feels that way. Realistically it's JR or bust. The fact he's back in Aus says to me were still far away from a deal and time is not our friend. I'm kind of checked out and resigned to it at this point but no doubt it'll hurt if the unthinkable happens.

Stan Collymore seems to have disappeared. Haven’t seen him at any games this season. Didn’t he say he could get a consortium to buy the club when he first turned up?
He’s part of the football department and has no role or insight into the financial matters. If even Kev isn’t being kept up to date then I doubt Stan is.

The question for me is that Stan obviously cares deeply about the club. He seems to have opted to stay on the inside with his existing role, even though there’s limited benefit he can bring in terms of the role when we’re under embargo. He must have felt his chances to hear about and influence events are better this way.

At what point though does he get worried enough to return to social media in the way he was in the months leading up to Tom and Kev’s appointments? His social media could really draw attention to the plight of the club and expose Ron to wider scrutiny. Surely if he felt the club was about to cease to exist he would do that?

No criticism of Stan intended here at all - far from it - just thinking aloud really. I kind of think that if Stan isn’t worried enough to speak out then maybe I shouldn’t worry too much either.

IMO opinion we also owe him a huge debt (including others such as Tom) for forcing Ron to recruit a proper football department - which of course allowed the team of staff and players, who are now representing the club so magnificently, to be assembled.

He’s part of the football department and has no role or insight into the financial matters. If even Kev isn’t being kept up to date then I doubt Stan is.

The question for me is that Stan obviously cares deeply about the club. He seems to have opted to stay on the inside with his existing role, even though there’s limited benefit he can bring in terms of the role when we’re under embargo. He must have felt his chances to hear about and influence events are better this way.

At what point though does he get worried enough to return to social media in the way he was in the months leading up to Tom and Kev’s appointments? His social media could really draw attention to the plight of the club and expose Ron to wider scrutiny. Surely if he felt the club was about to cease to exist he would do that?

No criticism of Stan intended here at all - far from it - just thinking aloud really. I kind of think that if Stan isn’t worried enough to speak out then maybe I shouldn’t worry too much either.

IMO opinion we also owe him a huge debt (including others such as Tom) for forcing Ron to recruit a proper football department - which of course allowed the team of staff and players, who are now representing the club so magnificently, to be assembled.
Yea... one of a number of good people that could have walked away but seems to be hanging in there in anticipation of better days. It gives hope, the only hope frankly, that something will happen. Everything else is hard to fathom.

Déjà vu

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904-114538.png
    Screenshot_20230904-114538.png
    621.7 KB · Views: 488
  • Screenshot_20230904-114600.png
    Screenshot_20230904-114600.png
    634.4 KB · Views: 479
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back