• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want this over - either bad or hopefully good.

The situation is terrible for so many and I wish the Martin family nothing but karma biting them all back.

Wouldn't cross the road to put the fire out on any of the 'clan'.
Dunno if its a common feeling, but its exactly where I am now.

Be terribly sad obviously, but just put us out of our misery one way or another.

Well on the face of it nothing. But on the other hand would the airport bother to work with the club unless they were confident it would still exist in a couple of months time? Although they may well have been smooth talked by Ronald the Unready of course......
Businesses operate on a going concern. This is nothing

Dunno if its a common feeling, but its exactly where I am now.

Be terribly sad obviously, but just put us out of our misery one way or another.
I think many of us are in the same place, myself included.

Any conclusion to this mess will mean a new start, and to me that's far more exciting than continuing the current state of affairs.

I still think if I had the choice between the current SUFC limping on or going bust, I would still prefer we limped on. But it's so tiresome.

Do any of the ITK's on here have any update as to where we are actually at with Rees ? Word from the stands on Monday sounded positive but I can't find much positive in him flying back to his homeland 24 hours later unless something was set in stone.

As I’ve eluded to in previous posts….

We were going to do our kit launch alongside the airport, using it as a shoot location, but not sure why that didn’t happen.

This is the beginning of a very promising relationship.

Do any of the ITK's on here have any update as to where we are actually at with Rees ? Word from the stands on Monday sounded positive but I can't find much positive in him flying back to his homeland 24 hours later unless something was set in stone.
The sale is ment to be a possable at the end of sept So maybe Justin has flowen home to drum up some more partners Its only a few hours to return to england So dont push the panic button just yet .

There are NO ITKs on here when it comes to the sale. Almost six months of bs is testament to that. Stop falling for it.

Not True, there are many who have been proven correct on many occasions only for RM's erratic goalpost moving making it seem as if they are not. I.e Medway Blue
‘Proven’? Show me one piece of proof?

Has anyone heard any comments from Anna firth as to how their meeting went with the Aussie guy at Bromley? Just wondered if they are fully confident in him buying the club or are there doubts about him
Anna posted on facebook that she watched the game against Bromley with Justin Rees saying

'Justin is clearly a very nice guy with a passion for the game and is VERY serious about buying the club.'

Todays echo, also said Justin Rees spent yesterday at Roots hall deep in talks with Ron and the shrimpers trust before flying back to Australia.

Last edited:
Anna posted on facebook that she watched the game against Bromley with Justin Rees saying

'Justin is clearly a very nice guy with a passion for the game and is VERY serious about buying the club.'

Todays echo, also said Justin Rees spent yesterday at Roots hall deep in talks with Ron and the shrimpers trust before flying back to Australia.
That’s interesting. Did not know that. I have been rather thrown by the Trusts quietness around Justin, in a slightly positive way. I guess an NDA has been entered into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back