• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the other side of things - the political lobbying from the Trust and others has been a massive part of unblocking this sale, if it happens.

The protests guys have been fantastic too. The two-pronged attack has worked briliantly, especially when the two factions have been working together over the past couple of months.

I think there are a lot of people deserve a massive amount of credit, and I include Chris in that cos his bosses have been clueless about our plight for years.
Was just about to post the same thing. It’s been a two pronged attack…both the loud, vocal, public side of things with protests and the behind the scenes lobbying that’s happened.

BOTH have played a part and contributed to the saving of the club (fingers and toes crossed) and neither would have worked without the other IMO.

Guarantee RM has an NDA against anyone talking negatively about him publically. If he doesn’t and it goes through, those tales will be immense.

Imagine Luke Purcell, Ben Clarkson etc ripping him a new one.

Be enjoyable.
I've known Ben's dad for 52 years, his coming to the game tomorrow with me & 3 others. Oh yes, he could definitely tell some stories, if allowed to one day.

Not to mention the other side of things - the political lobbying from the Trust and others has been a massive part of unblocking this sale, if it happens.

The protests guys have been fantastic too. The two-pronged attack has worked briliantly, especially when the two factions have been working together over the past couple of months.

I think there are a lot of people deserve a massive amount of credit, and I include Chris in that cos his bosses have been clueless about our plight for years.
Agreed. It'd be ****ing awful if, after years of Ron trying to divide us, our fanbase decided to do it to ourselves after he has gone.

Anyone who has done anything - whether it is boycotting, protests at his house or on the march, writing for the fanzine or to MPs or councillors - everyone has done their bit.

Ok Ron your time is done Now its time to move over .Alet a new face run the show .For the good of every shrimper .Players and management team You have had your time now just go in peace .

But "protest don't work"

COYB
The protests have worked hugely hugely hugley the only people that deny that the protests work are those that couldn’t be arsed to attend .. it’s helps them justify not bothering …. The trip to Camden under covert was simply superb … and frankly showed Martin that the previous demos at their family HQ was just the tip of the ice burge … I simply doss my cap to you all the small group that stood up and made a stand in the name of Southend United … well well don’t I’ll forever me in debted to you

I believe his bosses were all too aware of our plight (how can they have not been) but chose to ignore it for reasons only they know.
His job is literally to report on Southend United. The echo have had ban threats from the club before.

I’m sure he’s had plenty to say and could have reported a lot more of what he has heard and how he feels, but he’s no good to the echo if they’ve banned employees from speaking to him. He’s not going to do himself out of a job

His job is literally to report on Southend United. The echo have had ban threats from the club before.

I’m sure he’s had plenty to say and could have reported a lot more of what he has heard and how he feels, but he’s no good to the echo if they’ve banned employees from speaking to him. He’s not going to do himself out of a job
He's not the type of character to go against the grain, unlike Howard southwood and Bernie Friend who both did a proper job of REPORTING on the likes of jobson and the 🐀.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back