• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're expecting HMRC to be paid off (with some money coming from the consortium even though they won't own the club at this point), other WUP creditors to have agreed to withdraw from WUP and then formal completion of the sale to happen at some later date (presumably days not weeks!)?

Or an adjournment?

Feels like we should crowdfund a SZ gift for CP if this all gets over the line. We’ve all had it bad but having to report on this ****show for years, travelling up and down the country, must have been exhausting to say the least.
Any crowdfund should go to the group who spent all those evenings oi ride the rats home, found his sons address and got the trust to step up to the mark because this is what has got this over the line, not a Johnny come lately jorno who's finally doing his job highlighting the rats behaviour.

Any crowdfund should go to the group who spent all those evenings oi ride the rats home, found his sons address and got the trust to step up to the mark because this is what has got this over the line, not a Johnny come lately jorno who's finally doing his job highlighting the rats behaviour.
If only we could all be this judgemental hiding behind a keyboard. Grow up mate

If say we do get another points deduction, at least the embargo will be lifted if we pay hmrc off, we can then sign a few more players, sort contracts etc and start again, we will stay up because it's still early in the season, hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Just stating a fact, we were walking into a slow death until the militant lot got involved and got things done properly and I'd be happy to say that to anyone's face including you as I'm anything but a keyboard warrior.
Not to mention the other side of things - the political lobbying from the Trust and others has been a massive part of unblocking this sale, if it happens.

The protests guys have been fantastic too. The two-pronged attack has worked briliantly, especially when the two factions have been working together over the past couple of months.

I think there are a lot of people deserve a massive amount of credit, and I include Chris in that cos his bosses have been clueless about our plight for years.

Not to mention the other side of things - the political lobbying from the Trust and others has been a massive part of unblocking this sale, if it happens.

The protests guys have been fantastic too. The two-pronged attack has worked briliantly, especially when the two factions have been working together over the past couple of months.

I think there are a lot of people deserve a massive amount of credit, and I include Chris in that cos his bosses have been clueless about our plight for years.
I believe his bosses were all too aware of our plight (how can they have not been) but chose to ignore it for reasons only they know.

Reactions: Jai
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back