• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron gets everything he needs out of the sale - a clear runways to Fossetts Farm and the generational wealth creation that has got him out of bed every day for 25 years.
He probably gets what he wants but at the end of the day, just like the rest of us, none of the Martin family can "take their money with them".

Chill on the announcement talk
We've been here before only to be let down.
Take a breath, touch some grass, Ron could still shaft the whole thing.
I agree. I won’t believe we’re safe until the judges tell npower to do one and the winding up petition is dismissed on 4th October. Even then I’ll still be expecting the Rat to find a way to renege on his agreement to pay us anything at a later stage in respect of the redevelopment. In short, I still think we’re far from out of the woods although things sound about as optimistic as they have been since Kimura unwalloped.

Hard not to get excited however, timing is very convenient and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s positioned a deal in order to satisfy the courts ahead of the hearing and then yet again the goalposts are moved once again. If it doesn’t happen before the 4th I think it’s a real possibility the deal breaks down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back