• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I hope that any deal in the future where a certain Rat 🐀 is involved is renaged upon by all other parties. SCC renage on planning permissions and the f'ing $hit gets some of his own 💊.

The man needs to be driven out of Southend and Essex. He has no right to have any financial dealings with anyone anymore.

Remove the golden egg and the chance to develop FF.

F**k you RM.
But the £20m for roots hall?!?

Personally I hope that any deal in the future where a certain Rat 🐀 is involved is renaged upon by all other parties. SCC renage on planning permissions and the f'ing $hit gets some of his own 💊.

The man needs to be driven out of Southend and Essex. He has no right to have any financial dealings with anyone anymore.

Remove the golden egg and the chance to develop FF.

F**k you RM.
No deal is getting signed until the council have given RM a guarantee on the FF plans in writing. Let's hope they can approve everything quicker than they did the original plans.

No deal is getting signed until the council have given RM a guarantee on the FF plans in writing. Let's hope they can approve everything quicker than they did the original plans.
It will have to be.

The revised plans have not even been submitted yet, they will need all the traffic impact and other supporting documents updated, then there’ll be a period of consultation. We could be looking at 6 months minimum I would have thought as permission is not actually granted until the s.106 legal agreement has been signed too.

I can’t see anyone hanging around for all that to happen.

I am usually a very optimistic person, glass half full etc.
As an avid Blues fan, I am now in a state of utter misery, with hope in my heart that all will be well in the end.
Unfortunately the only statement I can see being announced tomorrow, is us going into Administration.
Tuesday Court date then is a non starter .
Hope I am wrong.
COYB, UTB

Keep seeing tomorrow being mentioned as a possible announcement date, can’t see it personally but sounds like the champers is very much on ice!
I don't think there will be any announcement.

Any deal that has been 'agreed' will be subject to Those words are banned (assuming there is still some to do which I gather there is) and the FA test, which takes 4 weeks or so to come back. It may have already been filled in and sent, it may not.

More to the point, we have dozens of creditors. I suspect the club will not welcome publicity regarding a potential deal, because any one of them could join the petition on Wednesday and cause a last-minute issue.

I think, once again, the first we will know about any kind of positive outcome will be read out to the judge on Wednesday morning.

Any deal that has been 'agreed' will be subject to Those words are banned (assuming there is still some to do which I gather there is) and the FA test, which takes 4 weeks or so to come back. It may have already been filled in and sent, it may not.

More to the point, we have dozens of creditors. I suspect the club will not welcome publicity regarding a potential deal, because any one of them could join the petition on Wednesday and cause a last-minute issue.

I think, once again, the first we will know about any kind of positive outcome will be read out to the judge on Wednesday morning.
Then we need a statement outlining how we're dealing with the court case at least I’d of thought.

I just don’t feel with the rumours flying about JR or combined would not say something ahead of weekend.

Then we need a statement outlining how we're dealing with the court case at least I’d of thought.

I just don’t feel with the rumours flying about JR or combined would not say something ahead of weekend.
The fans' feelings are secondary at this point (twas ever thus). They will be most concerned about additional creditors coming out of the woodwork, and even a statement reassuring supporters might lead to that happening.

I wonder if this is factored in as another 4 weeks under embargo would effectively relegate us you feel. Would Justin want to pay the same for a potential NLS side?

I wonder if this is factored in as another 4 weeks under embargo would effectively relegate us you feel. Would Justin want to pay the same for a potential NLS side?
Surely as long as football creditors are paid, embargo will be lifted.

A change of ownership is not a requirement for the lifting of the embargo. As long as agreement has been reached and monies paid, it should be lifted regardless of whether the takeover is 100% complete or not.

Surely as long as football creditors are paid, embargo will be lifted.

A change of ownership is not a requirement for the lifting of the embargo. As long as agreement has been reached and monies paid, it should be lifted regardless of whether the takeover is 100% complete or not.
Good luck to JR getting everything set in stone enough that the rat can’t wriggle out of any agreement after having debts paid. Rather him than me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back