• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
The £20m from Ron is the bit that worries me, we know from experience Ron often promises money and then never actually pays it and that's a lot of money. Hopefully if it's true then we've made sure he can't weasel out of it.
True best wait until the removal lorry is outside Ron’s mansion

Reactions: BTS
I would imagine if its out of FF proceeds where he no longer needs to build a stadium he will probably even add the words "with all my love, Ronald"...

I heard the sticking point was the fact that RM wants the new East Stand to be named The Ron Martin stand

• Haha
Reactions: TJC
I’m sure if Ron gets guarantees from the politicians he can provide same back to back…
There is likely an element of shared risk- if Ron, and by extension the club, get screwed by the politicians then may for them the dildo of consequences arrive unlubed as they say.
As has been said it’s in everyone’s interests FF happens.
Do they? Since when?

😂

Key questions

Does Ron write off the debt owed to his companies and cancel the debentures etc?

If he doesn’t, what are the terms? Will we pay interest on this amount? Interest costs could be crippling. If Ron can call in payment we could yet end up back under his control again 🤮

Will SUFC own the ground and training ground? Ideal result is that the Shrimpers Trust owns both.

Who is in the Consortium and why are they getting involved? Is it an act of charity or are they expecting a return and if so how?

What happens when Ron weasels out of paying the £20m? Are we then screwed?

As ive been out all day and i am trying to catch up on the news .Is there allmost some sort of agreement on the sale .If so who is going to buy thee club .And will the moneys owed to HRMC going to be paid .Does anyone know .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back