• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only make sense if FF can goes ahead with no stadium and maybe extra housing. Then it makes lots of sense for both (indeed all) parties- however, I would be pleasantly surprised, to put it very very mildly, if Ron passed on the club on quite such a positive basis. Hence, I, and I am sure most others, will await the actual detail if it actually happens.
A few other details I'll be interested to see:
- will the club be owning the Stadium and training ground?
- what debts are the new owners inheriting? This deal is £4,499,999 less than the last one we heard about so are they inheriting debt to Ron Martin?

So correct me if I’m wrong. SUFC “owes” Ron mega bucks. Just a guess obviously but what is owed to Ron could be deducted from his most generous 20 million offer at a later stage?

Actually forget that. Hands up anyone who believes RM will part with anything at the end of the day.

Reactions: jnl
All sounds positive. The bit I can’t quite buy is some back room deal agreed by the council. You’d have thought a democratic body like that would have to follow a scrutinesable process. Not a quick process either.

Having been through the planning system, albeit on a much smaller scale!, I can 100% say back room deals are the way to go. I was getting nowhere for 2 years doing the 'normal' route dealing with planning officers. I asked my local councillor to get involved and finally got an agreement that a new submission would be approved within a few weeks.

A few other details I'll be interested to see:
- will the club be owning the Stadium and training ground?
- what debts are the new owners inheriting? This deal is £4,499,999 less than the last one we heard about so are they inheriting debt to Ron Martin?
IF The rat has somehow done a deal with the council for a load more houses at FF that amount pales into insignificance.

Maybe it's because he genuinely doesn't have it, or doesn't have it immediately to hand.
So much we don't know. A major element is RH is security for various loans is it not? Forget 50% of HMRC bills, freeing those security arrangements would mean loans being repaid or alternative security being accepted. And that before we get into inter company debt being written off. We just have to await the detail. There are a few circles that need squaring to put it mildly...

Do three different people post from your account? You seem to lurch from the above to 'why bother protesting at Ron's, no one's going to turn up' and then onto 'Ron will never going to sell". Three irreconcilable viewpoints.
Haha I’ve never ever said why bother protesting at Ron’s ? You must have been on the mulled wine 🍷 early today , my mum always said you were a drinker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back