• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he signs off on a contract with that in the terms, the rat will have no choice but to hand over that money.
All sounds positive. The bit I can’t quite buy is some back room deal agreed by the council. You’d have thought a democratic body like that would have to follow a scrutinesable process. Not a quick process either.
They have 2 choices, let the club die a few years after being given city status with thousands of locals baying for blood and causing a big nuisance to any new building at both RH and FF of get a change done asap.

It's a no brainer, look at how quickly Parliament get a new law passed when it suits them and how long things take when it doesn't really matter.

They can't afford for our club to die for so many reasons so getting to the table and doing their bit can be done if they really want it to.

He does! With @CC51DAS. Just as my old man used to! I spoke to them both before Saturday's game and they mentioned the Lineker podcast then.

Should just point out that this was on GL’s private podcast and was not BBC. I think some fans lobbied GL through SM and GL turned to PB for some confirmation of facts knowing he was a lifelong Blues fan.

That’s not to say that the BBC does not take an interest in these matters .

I don’t know anything particular but it would not surprise me if some sort of investigative documentary is being considered after the problems we and others like Scunthorpe have encountered

All sounds positive. The bit I can’t quite buy is some back room deal agreed by the council. You’d have thought a democratic body like that would have to follow a scrutinesable process. Not a quick process either.
There seems to be cross party support at SCC to support this process. We don't know what that support is whether financial or re planning or both. Re. planning SCC may have cross party agreement to support a planning proposal at FF that does not require a stadium to be built. Similarly AF may have got SoS to indicate he would not call revised proposals in. Guarantees absolutely not. Politically, however, if that didn't follow through any MPs or parties at SCC who didn't deliver would probably be ending their political careers.

Don't forget SCC want the houses built, and this number of houses will never be built anywhere but green belt.

But I am making assumptions- and hopefully shortly we will know the detail. I am sure that will include statements from SCC and the MPs in due course.

The government is a democratic body. I will just leave it there..

I'm not getting too excited just yet but the noises are good and the champagne is ready.

In fact, the champagne has been ready since the cleaner episode. That was around the same time as the previous mess that Ron Martin got us into towards the end of Tilly's reign. I thought he was going down then and it would be our way out. This champers is vintage now.

I'm not getting too excited just yet but the noises are good and the champagne is ready.

In fact, the champagne has been ready since the cleaner episode. That was at the end of the previous mess that Ron Martin got us into towards the end of Tilly's reign. I thought he was going down then and it would be our way out. This champers is vintage now.
sell it and buy the club lol

In fact, the champagne has been ready since the cleaner episode. That was at the end of the previous mess that Ron Martin got us into towards the end of Tilly's reign. I thought he was going down then and it would be our way out. This champers is vintage now.
If its that old it would have gone flat...let's hope that's not a metaphor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back