• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing heads of terms would be a big step as it's a precursor to the final sale contracts.
DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if this has happened or not.

Still, nothing is legally enforceable until the real contracts are done and dusted.

We should pile the pressure on to Ron and his family even more over the next few days let’s not let him off at this point .. did anyone hear Glen pennyfather back track at the end of the game last night ? Something along these lines ‘let’s hope the club can now move on now that things have seemingly been resolved ( or something like that ) then stutters and says now that they have a court date next week and hopefully a buyer can be found

In no particular order:

1. Ron settles the debt.
2. Another entity settles the debt.
3. Ron files for Admin.
4. We are Liquidated.
5 extension

Unlikely but certainly possible , and I’m very aware of what the judge said previously. If Justin was in court and confirmed that he had agreed to buy the club and that the deal would be completed in X days then the judge might agree to an extension——- regardless of what had been said previously. And of course it could be a different judge.

Who was the guy in the suit apploding the blus fans at the end, was it Tommy Withington or Justin Rees?

Last edited by a moderator:
Signing heads of terms would be a big step as it's a precursor to the final sale contracts.
DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if this has happened or not.

Still, nothing is legally enforceable until the real contracts are done and dusted.
And on top of this Heads of terms are just that. Terms, they can be changed re arranged and moved many times before a deal is done.

They are largely meaningless as you go through the process of a company purchase there are so many variables.

Heads of terms are a cause for some positive news as it shows progress but until the deal is done I wouldn’t celebrate.

Heads of terms may be enough to get us through the next court case but certainly not the one after that.

5 extension

Unlikely but certainly possible , and I’m very aware of what the judge said previously. If Justin was in court and confirmed that he had agreed to buy the club and that the deal would be completed in X days then the judge might agree to an extension——- regardless of what had been said previously. And of course it could be a different judge.
Remember the judge did not say we would be wound up as has been misreported- but that we should expect to be wound up. That phase is used because he can't tie the next court hearing that will decide on what is in front of them at that time. So 5. is more possible than some think. However, let's sincerely hope at the same time 5. is not needed..

We should pile the pressure on to Ron and his family even more over the next few days let’s not let him off at this point
Do three different people post from your account? You seem to lurch from the above to 'why bother protesting at Ron's, no one's going to turn up' and then onto 'Ron will never going to sell". Three irreconcilable viewpoints.

I have heard strong rumours from people I trust 100% that the deal has been agreed which will mean us staying at RH, the rat having FF with him paying a certain amount of money in the future to the new RH model on the same land.

The debt will be settled next week 50/50 between both parties with the council already agreeing to certain changes which is why Tony Cox was involved in the recent meetings so if true then happy days because it means we are rid of that **** and stay at RH.

Obviously, we have heard it all before and that idiot could well change the goalposts at the last minute but I beleive he now finally gets the fact that us fans, SBS and others will not let him build so much as a sandcastle in Southend if he kills out club.

I am not counting my chickens by any means but feel a lot better about it than the previous weeks.

The protests MUST continue though, with the upmost pressure put on the rat in case he does his usual but he would be insane to mess this one up.

Remember the judge did not say we would be wound up as has been misreported- but that we should expect to be wound up. That phase is used because he can't tie the next court hearing that will decide on what is in front of them at that time. So 5. is more possible than some think. However, let's sincerely hope at the same time 5. is not needed..
It’s a fairly weighty phrase though, whilst not binding it certainly means that RM has to act, turning up and mumbling about some “Aussie chap” will not do. He will have to produce credible evidence

Do three different people post from your account? You seem to lurch from the above to 'why bother protesting at Ron's, no one's going to turn up' and then onto 'Ron will never going to sell". Three irreconcilable viewpoints.
Not once has MBG been against these protests so I think maybe want to look at this post.

Like all of us, we knew at first he thought he could bluff us all but pretending to sell (this is what he was doing I am sure) and then let us die, whilst claiming his old "nobody wants to buy a football club nonsense) but he was rumbled, forcing his hand to actually play the game.

In terms of people won't turn up to his house, well apart from the 1st protest numbers were pathetic weren't they?.

Easy to twist peoples words but the boy has been to many protests, and more than done his bit unlike a lot of key board protestors on here.

It’s a fairly weighty phrase though, whilst not binding it certainly means that RM has to act, turning up and mumbling about some “Aussie chap” will not do. He will have to produce credible evidence
Oh quite. I would suggest it needs something very concrete to give confidence that the creditors will get paid. Evidence of new funds or imminent sale of the club. The normal diatribe will not work you would imagine. Actually its reached the point where debts have to be paid nPower et al and its a can that can't go any further down the road in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back