• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard strong rumours from people I trust 100% that the deal has been agreed which will mean us staying at RH, the rat having FF with him paying a certain amount of money in the future to the new RH model on the same land.

The debt will be settled next week 50/50 between both parties with the council already agreeing to certain changes which is why Tony Cox was involved in the recent meetings so if true then happy days because it means we are rid of that **** and stay at RH.

Obviously, we have heard it all before and that idiot could well change the goalposts at the last minute but I beleive he now finally gets the fact that us fans, SBS and others will not let him build so much as a sandcastle in Southend if he kills out club.

I am not counting my chickens by any means but feel a lot better about it than the previous weeks.

The protests MUST continue though, with the upmost pressure put on the rat in case he does his usual but he would be insane to mess this one up.
Tallies with what I am hearing.

If that is the deal that has been agreed, great however, can we really see Rat handing over x millions in a couple of years time to upgrade RH without a huge legal fight?
This will be the question. I'm not too sure how much confidence I have in the validity of the mechanisms that have been mooted as being involved. I think it could still lead to some problems in the future.

But in the immediate term, if it gets a deal over the line then great!

I have heard strong rumours from people I trust 100% that the deal has been agreed which will mean us staying at RH, the rat having FF with him paying a certain amount of money in the future to the new RH model on the same land.

The debt will be settled next week 50/50 between both parties with the council already agreeing to certain changes which is why Tony Cox was involved in the recent meetings so if true then happy days because it means we are rid of that **** and stay at RH.

Obviously, we have heard it all before and that idiot could well change the goalposts at the last minute but I beleive he now finally gets the fact that us fans, SBS and others will not let him build so much as a sandcastle in Southend if he kills out club.

I am not counting my chickens by any means but feel a lot better about it than the previous weeks.

The protests MUST continue though, with the upmost pressure put on the rat in case he does his usual but he would be insane to mess this one up.
All sounds positive. The bit I can’t quite buy is some back room deal agreed by the council. You’d have thought a democratic body like that would have to follow a scrutinesable process. Not a quick process either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back