• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else being as cynical as me and thinking Ron will allow JR to get close enough to a deal that he can go into court and the 4th and say that it's very close in the hope the judge will give him another adjournment, after which Ron will move the goalposts yet again?

If so, that would be an extremely dangerous game to play. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past him.
I could see that being the case, but what is the end-game for Ron in that situation?

Is anyone else being as cynical as me and thinking Ron will allow JR to get close enough to a deal that he can go into court and the 4th and say that it's very close in the hope the judge will give him another adjournment, after which Ron will move the goalposts yet again?

If so, that would be an extremely dangerous game to play. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past him.
You wouldn't put it past him no. That has been his play for the recent court appearances. At what point does the Judge lose patience and realise the game that is being played?

It's reckless.

It's got his name written all over it but the only thing that is swaying me is the fact he knows the courts, fans, potential buyers and SBS are now all over his silly games which means that hopefully he realises that particular game is up.

On the other hand he lives in a dream world so you never quite know his next move.

I was thinking the same. He'll say anything to get the pressure off and then 'change he's mind'. He's done it countless times.

Is anyone else being as cynical as me and thinking Ron will allow JR to get close enough to a deal that he can go into court on the 4th and say that it's very close in the hope the judge will give him another adjournment, after which Ron will move the goalposts yet again?

What is the point in moving the goal posts.

If he genuinely believes there is a deal then it's in his interest not to test the judges again.

Delaying would likely weaken his hand in negotiations as the club would almost certainly get another 10 point deduction.

It makes no sense for Ron to risk liquidation if he wants to sell or get an extension which makes the club less valuable.

If anything he should be doing all be can to find a solution. It's the best way to make money in the here and now.

Just done some shopping and got the evening echo.

I never buy papers, but this caught me eye.

2 page spread about the plight of SUFC with Gary Lineker having his say about the plight of SUFC on his podcast.

Also it says that Justin Rees flew in on Sunday to hold talks with "Ron The Rat, Martin", and that Justin was in attendance at the North London derby.
This would possibly explain why there was an epidemic of RATS at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

It also says that Tony Cox also attended the meeting on Sunday.

Just done some shopping and got the evening echo.

I never buy papers, but this caught me eye.

2 page spread about the plight of SUFC with Gary Lineker having his say about the plight of SUFC on his podcast.

Also it says that Justin Rees flew in on Sunday to hold talks with "Ron The Rat, Martin", and that Justin was in attendance at the North London derby.
This would possibly explain why there was an epidemic of RATS at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

It also says that Tony Cox also attended the meeting on Sunday.
I haven’t seen the article but,
Putting two and two together and probably getting 5.
Phil bigwood is a SUFC lifelong supporter and the executive producer for MOTD so he may have given Gary the background on this

Is anyone else being as cynical as me and thinking Ron will allow JR to get close enough to a deal that he can go into court on the 4th and say that it's very close in the hope the judge will give him another adjournment, after which Ron will move the goalposts yet again?

I still can’t get my head around any deal.

As I have said before Ron doesn’t have planning permission for fossets without a stadium.
As other posters have said, he only got PP for houses because of the stadium.

The only way I see a deal working is that selling roots hall /SUFC effectively helps Rob with his working capital and he continues in his plans to develop FF.

Any deal for the stadium would then have a clause that the buyer MUST “swap” roots hall for the stadium at fossets once it is built.
I don’t know if you legally put that into a contract or not. You certainly couldn’t “force” someone to pay for the new stadium from a practical level- ie they may not have the funds in X years time.

I don’t understand how Ron could take the multi tens of million profit gamble on selling roots hall and hoping that planning goes through.

I haven’t seen the article but,
Putting two and two together and probably getting 5.
Phil bigwood is a SUFC lifelong supporter and the executive producer for MOTD so he may have given Gary the background on this

Pretty sure Medway Blue said he helped with some of the background. So he may know if anyone else helped.

It came about after multiple people tweeted GL asking him to mention us.

What is the point in moving the goal posts.

If he genuinely believes there is a deal then it's in his interest not to test the judges again.

Delaying would likely weaken his hand in negotiations as the club would almost certainly get another 10 point deduction.

It makes no sense for Ron to risk liquidation if he wants to sell or get an extension which makes the club less valuable.

If anything he should be doing all be can to find a solution. It's the best way to make money in the here and now.
Can you in all honesty "read" Ron?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back