• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was widely reported that Those words are banned was completed by Kimura previously. Also even without heads of terms Ron is able to give them access to what they want to look through,
He had a "data room" set up way back when Kimura were negotiating. How comprehensive it is, who knows? I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility, given the length and breadth of negotiations and discussions so far, for JR's team to have already be given access to it.

Last edited:
Can we see a 100% done please, anything that has just 0.0000009% in Ronnie Rats favour means he could just pull the plug on them, the team and us. :Frustrated:

Those words are banned doesn't start until heads of terms are agreed. I have no idea of the identity of the consortium.

But I am happy to be wrong on this one - if there is as people say no need for DD then jolly good. I still remain very sceptical.
Those words are banned starts when you’re given access.

I don’t think they can rely on Kimura’s DD - a) some things will have changed since then (like more debts wracked up) and b) you wouldn’t want to rely on someone else’s DD but it should have given them a head start in knowing where the bodies are hidden.

Haha they haven't even started Those words are banned yet. Any deal will take months to complete yet.

That is not the case, there has been Those words are banned completed. That doesn’t mean there isn’t more still to be done.

JR wouldn’t make an offer without any form of DD, no one in business would. Both offers would of come with a number of conditions to satisfy the further details they needed to get comfortable on.

That is not the case, there has been Those words are banned completed. That doesn’t mean there isn’t more still to be done.

JR wouldn’t make an offer without any form of DD, no one in business would. Both offers would of come with a number of conditions to satisfy the further details they needed to get comfortable on.

Spot on. I think people are getting confused with looking into things after an agreement is reached. DD starts well before then.

However even if a deal is reached I do worry that they will uncover things they were not expecting or Ron plain and simply lies like normal and thinks could go wrong.

Spot on. I think people are getting confused with looking into things after an agreement is reached. DD starts well before then.

However even if a deal is reached I do worry that they will uncover things they were not expecting or Ron plain and simply lies like normal and thinks could go wrong.
Correct no bussness man would enter an agreement without any thing done .But and there is the but if Justin is in with Kamra who have allready done there resurch on Ron and his companys .Just maybe they have passed on any findings .Maybe that is the short cut to a sale .

Talks was had on sunday And again yesterday Maybe they need to keep talking to resove the sale before the weeks out But its now down to RATTY RON and J D to sort this mess out .

Only time will tell what is going on The only way out of this with 9 days left is Justin goes to court on the 4th and puts up a case that the finances are in place for the take over .

Is anyone else being as cynical as me and thinking Ron will allow JR to get close enough to a deal that he can go into court on the 4th and say that it's very close in the hope the judge will give him another adjournment, after which Ron will move the goalposts yet again?

If so, that would be an extremely dangerous game to play. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past him.

Last edited:
Is anyone else being as cynical as me and thinking Ron will allow JR to get close enough to a deal that he can go into court and the 4th and say that it's very close in the hope the judge will give him another adjournment, after which Ron will move the goalposts yet again?

If so, that would be an extremely dangerous game to play. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past him.
That would be classic rat.

Is anyone else being as cynical as me and thinking Ron will allow JR to get close enough to a deal that he can go into court and the 4th and say that it's very close in the hope the judge will give him another adjournment, after which Ron will move the goalposts yet again?

I do get the inkling he’s being played. Especially given some other accounts saying he’ll never sell to him and he’s wasting his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back