• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can if the courts give us permission
Think the court can only adjourn and being as judge said no more adjournments it doesn’t seem likely. Apart from that the club have no saleable assets apart from the players and no one will pay for something they will get free once club has gone anyway, so doubt any insolvency practioner will see administration as a viable option and they have to advise the court in this

IF that scenario happened, i'm sure i read a few days ago that the deduction is 12pts?.
And IF all debts haven't been paid by 4th Oct, the N.L will give us another 10pt deduction?.
Obviously there's also the chance we won't have a club after 4th Oct IF we get wound up in the High Court, or npower don't get their owed money & the electric's switched off at Roots Hall?.
This is all too much to contemplate on a Sunday, anyone know the number for Samaritans??.
If the club enters administration it is a 10 point deduction.

The only realistic way for SUFC to carry on is entering Administration and coming out of it but with a NewCo or a CVA the other way it could exit is by way of liquidation and that is as it says on the tin.

You obviously haven't read much of the numerous threads about Ron over the last few months
Really nobody gives a **** about The Rat anymore. I doubt many would carry out their potential threats though anyway but you seem to be missing the point of anger out there atm. He is killing our club!

This isn't a game of lets be nice to him, it's about our survival...**** him.

Really nobody gives a **** about The Rat anymore. I doubt many would carry out their potential threats though anyway but you seem to be missing the point of anger out there atm. He is killing our club!

Abso-****ing-lutely. I’m astonished anyone can stand hearing the man’s name, let alone consider it from its point of view. Like I’m equally shocked by people staying mute at the game itself when the chants go up. Just watch the game and wonder why the players look shot to bits and why other teams have a bench of thousands and we have a coach in goal and at RCB, and two ailing players on the bench alongside a bloke on a dual contract from Hayes and Yeading.

I’m done with considering the man and his family as humans, let alone caring about how they might be feeling in their pursuit of millions of wonga.

Christ alive, wake up and see the thousand people marching behind a clown on a trailer.

What you have to acknowledge even if you personally don't concur is that any veiled threats in posts are the direct consequence of the Rat's total disregard for the well being of the Club and it's fans. We are a community under attack by his actions and when attacked people will defend themselves either reactively or become proactive. We are in a struggle and with any struggle some will go further than others especially when you reach a stage of having nothing to loose, one person's condemnation is another's retribution.

What you have to acknowledge even if you personally don't concur is that any veiled threats in posts are the direct consequence of the Rat's total disregard for the well being of the Club and it's fans. We are a community under attack by his actions and when attacked people will defend themselves either reactively or become proactive. We are in a struggle and with any struggle some will go further than others especially when you reach a stage of having nothing to loose, one person's condemnation is another's retribution.
And unfortunately that day of reckoning will soon be upon us.

Having had a career of over 40 years as an architect, I can tell you that your observations in respect of the planning issues are spot on. It is definitely not a simple matter of saying SUFC will remain at RH so there will be no stadium at FF and SCC will agree to housing in its place to balance out the potential number of new dwellings the RH site would have provided.

I have not read through all the planning documents relating to FF, I have perused so many over my working years that since I finally retired last year I no longer have the desire to do so. However, from the viewpoint of a planning officer/inspector, the relocation of the stadium from RH would free up a brown field site not too distant from the city centre. It would be ideally located for the provision of much needed residential units and fits perfectly with the national planning policy framework. In my opinion, this would have been the incentive/exceptional circumstances to permit the FF development within green belt land. The football club remaining at RH, again in my opinion, jeopardises the previous planning consent for FF and a revised scheme swapping the stadium for residential would probably have to be referred back to the secretary of state with no guarantee of approval. It is no doubt why Martin has been digging in his heels over still providing a stadium at FF.

Someone on here mentioned that JR or one of his team must have had discussions with the politicians and SCC planners to seek out the feasibility of their aim to remain at RH and provide Martin with the compensation of developing the FF stadium site with dwellings. Well yes, they may well have done, but politicians would have little say on the matter, particularly if it does not accord with the NPPF, and planning officers will never give assurances about a proposal until an official application has been submitted and it has gone through the full planning process. Too many times in the past I have received encouraging words from planning officers only to receive a refusal notice once an application had been formally considered.

We all know the battle Martin has had over the years to secure planning consent on FF. So, for a prospective purchaser of the football club to rock up and appear to want to remove a fundamental element of that hard won approved scheme is not likely to be easily accepted by the vendor. It just feels incredibly sad that our football club is intrinsically linked with this whole bloody mess.

Throughout the officers report to the planning committee there is almost a theme that I shouldn’t recommend but on balance I will because….

Had it been purely a residential application I personally don’t think it would have stood a chance but the opportunity to build a stadium on what was the only land that could be identified for a new build ticked a significant number of the boxes and the planned usage of RH which is clearly a BrownField site tipped the balance.

Of course we want and need to believe that the consortium had done the requisite amount of research but having been through the elongated planning process and despite what we all think I would be staggered if RM choose not to try and get consent for the full residential on the site.

My guess is that there will be some sort of application this week.Even if it granted some of the questions and challenges that need to be dealt will be far from easy . But other than a few who believe that administration is a guarantee going forward I think we mainly all realise this is still at the very best a 50-50 call

And unfortunately that day of reckoning will soon be upon us.
And if it's the worst for us I for one hope the Rat is subject to consequences that will effect, hinder and ultimately bring misery to the 'Martins' in any shape or form Karma should determine.

And if it's the worst for us I for one hope the Rat is subject to consequences that will effect, hinder and ultimately bring misery to the 'Martins' in any shape or form Karma should determine.
I don't disagree. In line with Liam's letter I think fans will look for some retribution to the Martin family. I can see some standing as councillors to try and block as well as others lobbying etc.

Talking to friends last night though we know that amongst the thousands of fans there are likely to be a small number who are willing to overstep the line that most of us would draw and I'd expect Ron to be genuinely concerned for the personal safety of himself and his family.

I don't disagree. In line with Liam's letter I think fans will look for some retribution to the Martin family. I can see some standing as councillors to try and block as well as others lobbying etc.

Talking to friends last night though we know that amongst the thousands of fans there are likely to be a small number who are willing to overstep the line that most of us would draw and I'd expect Ron to be genuinely concerned for the personal safety of himself and his family.
Good and if we did go under I would agree with every legal way to challenge the family for ****ing us all over in his pursuit of money.

<Tin hat and flak jacket mode on>

Playing Devil's Advocate here... is that not the same for Ron Martin? Yet we are pressuring him to take any offer, despite not knowing what the offers are.

I'm not advocating the same sort of pressure as is being applied to Ron, but it takes two to Tango, so they say. I personally don't see anything wrong with highlighting the fanbase and their commitment to the consortium and entering into dialogue, urging them to buy, i.e. look at what you're missing.

On the other hand, if they are purely looking at it from the point of view of a return then maybe the club in it's current form isn't viable. After all, how many clubs are profitable?

Maybe this is all too big an ask for anyone and we need to go into administration in order to come back stronger.
How on earth you try find a way to try to defend the rat in all this is beyond comprehension. Open your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back