• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nobody gives a **** about The Rat anymore. I doubt many would carry out their potential threats though anyway but you seem to be missing the point of anger out there atm. He is killing our club!

This isn't a game of lets be nice to him, it's about our survival...**** him.
That is a disgraceful response. We all want him out but, regardless of the level of anger the threats are unacceptable. You should be setting an example for site members. A good one that is.

That is a disgraceful response. We all want him out but, regardless of the level of anger the threats are unacceptable. You should be setting an example for site members. A good one that is.
No, I stated the threats are just that empty threats as far as I know, but we have no control over people, they do what they think. Do you really think we are promoting some sort of violence?

That is ridiculous on its own without your own post belittling us for not being some godlike evangelists, who have people in the palm of our hands.

Jeeezzz.

A deal finally being agreed? Not saying it will be but negotiations continue and small steps are being made, so not completely beyond the realms of possibility. Never a bad thing where RM is concerned to expect nothing though!

I am reliably informed that Ron is still trying to find the money himself & has been making calls this week. It’s unclear whether this will prove fruitful, but what it tells me is that he isn’t treating JR’s bid(s) as his only option.

I am reliably informed that Ron is still trying to find the money himself & has been making calls this week. It’s unclear whether this will prove fruitful, but what it tells me is that he isn’t treating JR’s bid(s) as his only option.
The only outfit/person willing to give the rat a U Boat would be Wonga.

I just can't see anyone willing to loan him a penny given his reputation.

Even if he does pay the debt, it’s just more can kicking. FFS rat, no one’s going to pay what you deem suitable, take a hint, learn to compromise, and do one:Scared:

That doesn’t mean the sale won’t happen though. It could hinder it tho, as it would take the time pressure element away

Reactions: GBJ
Maybe he has finally realised that no buyer is going to pay off the debt he has created and the only way a sale can happen is when he has settled the debt himself.

Him acquiring the funds is a different matter, especially with staff wages due as well.

maybe that’s why he was at the Emirates today - had his begging bowl out whilst lording it up in the executive boxes

Have you taken the Shrimpers Trust survey? That question was asked at the end and it's useful to know how people feel about this.
I know its very much 'Hobsons choice' but if Administration occurs sooner than later, given the upcoming due wages and the spector of Eon looming large, I am deeply concerned for the effects it will have on the players and Management team. We know all the shared adversity has formed the 'glue' that keeps it all together, but further point deductions surely would be a sledgehammer to the fighting spirit. Relegation becomes a realistic outcome, what motivation can there be found to keep everyone engaged, yes I have no doubt about their professionalism but this is about emotional engagement and mental wellbeing. They go from looking up a steep hill to climbing a mountain. For me Administration is very much a poisoned chalice. That's why I answered the Trusts Survey as not in favour, but I am realistic in it's acceptance if it comes.

As horrible as the other outcomes are, the thought of the can being kicked further down the road while RM pursues his FF dream is awful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back