• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The manager merry-go-round rolls on. What a crazy industry. Feel sorry for Steve Clarke who's done a great job at West Brom. All teams go through bad spells. AVB on the other hand I think has been lucky to get the two PL jobs he's had after one good season in Porto, although he was starting to grow on me as a person as I thought he was an arrogant upstart when he was at Chelsea but seemed to have learnt a bit of class and respect when he came to Spurs. Saw on Twitter today that his win ratio was over 50%, higher than both Redknapp and Jol. He does seem quite stubborn though. I'd love to see a Premier League team give a young English coach from the Championship a chance, someone like Sean Dyche who's doing an incredible job at Burnley. Probably wishful thinking though, it'll be the same old names linked to the vacancies. Sounds like Capello is a favourite for the Spurs job, that strikes me as a potential disaster.

The manager merry-go-round rolls on. What a crazy industry. Feel sorry for Steve Clarke who's done a great job at West Brom. All teams go through bad spells. AVB on the other hand I think has been lucky to get the two PL jobs he's had after one good season in Porto, although he was starting to grow on me as a person as I thought he was an arrogant upstart when he was at Chelsea but seemed to have learnt a bit of class and respect when he came to Spurs. Saw on Twitter today that his win ratio was over 50%, higher than both Redknapp and Jol. He does seem quite stubborn though. I'd love to see a Premier League team give a young English coach from the Championship a chance, someone like Sean Dyche who's doing an incredible job at Burnley. Probably wishful thinking though, it'll be the same old names linked to the vacancies. Sounds like Capello is a favourite for the Spurs job, that strikes me as a potential disaster.

At club level his record is remarkable. Would be one hell of a coup depends if he is allowed to do both the Spurs job and Russia as I can't see him wanting to give that up 6 months before the World Cup.

Win ratios don't tell the whole story. He inherited a fantastic team from Harry including one of the best players in the world. Players were bought with no real idea of where to play most of them.
Capello would probably do well and has got a good club record but isn't he paid an extortionate salary by Russia?

They could well appoint a caretaker for the season and let Capello or Klinsmann take over in the Summer.

Win ratios don't tell the whole story. He inherited a fantastic team from Harry including one of the best players in the world. Players were bought with no real idea of where to play most of them.
Capello would probably do well and has got a good club record but isn't he paid an extortionate salary by Russia?

Agreed,

Harry produced one of the exciting eras for Spurs playing wonderful football yet AVB killed it by playing ridiculous tactics and too many players who all appear confused,Spurs on Sunday resembled a pub team with Liverpool winning in a canter.

AVB has had 2 top jobs in England and failed both in jaw dropping fashion,He will collect another pile of compensation and of course another club will offer him a deal very soon.

Football is one mad business.

He has hardly failed spectacularly at Spurs. They were good last season and had their best start to a season this. They were shambolic on Sunday and blown away at City recently but overall the job the guy was doing had been going ok. It hasn't helped that 'Arry's mates in the media never gave AVB a chance.

He has hardly failed spectacularly at Spurs. They were good last season and had their best start to a season this. They were shambolic on Sunday and blown away at City recently but overall the job the guy was doing had been going ok. It hasn't helped that 'Arry's mates in the media never gave AVB a chance.

Makes no difference whether mates of HR put the knife in simply because results on the pitch is what really counts.

AVB somehow conjured up a Spurs team who relied on Bale far too much and without Bale they were a shambles unable to score whilst using tactics which have no place in the pro game,Shot shy Westham stunned the WHite Hart Lane faithful by winning 3 0 this result Imo was the beginning of the end .

Last season Bales spectacular goals dug Spurs out many times whilst papering over the cracks of AVB's odd tactics,Time and time again Spurs struggled until Bale popped up with a sublime goal.

So what you are saying is that if a team gets hammered convincingly by fellow title contenders in the same season, especially when conceding a fair few in a home game, then the manager should be sacked?

Think carefully before you answer.

So what you are saying is that if a team gets hammered convincingly by fellow title contenders in the same season, especially when conceding a fair few in a home game, then the manager should be sacked?

Think carefully before you answer.

Your question should be put to Levy and their fans !
Spent 100 million,8 points from their bitter rivals,3 crushing defeats,Poor football.What do you think?

Bale's goals the season before got Spurs 4th under Redknapp as well. If results over the course of the season are what counts then AVB should still be in a job as they've got more points this year than they had this time last year and overall this has been one of the best starts to a season that Spurs have had in 'the Premier League era'.

The £100m spent represents practically zero net spend.

He has been sacked because of issues with the Chairman, three shocking performances and extra pressure being put on him by 'Arry's mates. The fact that people seem to think that Spurs are struggling in the League when they clearly aren't is testament to the propaganda being spread. In terms of the bigger picture they're doing ok in the League, are still in three Cups and prior to Sunday were on a run of three wins in a row playing such negative football as to have scored two or more in five games in a row.

Your question should be put to Levy and their fans !
Spent 100 million,8 points from their bitter rivals,3 crushing defeats,Poor football.What do you think?

£100m spent by someone else.

8 points from their bitter rivals who have started the season on fire is no reason to sack a manager. The aim was top 4 and they are a few points off. Man City were 8 points behind Man Utd with 6 games to go in the 2011-12 season, bet they are regretting not sacking Mancini then.

Crushing defeats, for example like losing 5-1 at home to Man City in the same week as losing 3-0 to Man Utd then later in the season losing 5-2 to bitter rivals Arsenal then 3-1 to Man Utd at home. Not to mention a 5-1 thrashing in the cup to Chelsea either. 5 crushing defeats in one season to rivals while failing to get out of the Europa League group stage. Wonder how much pressure this manager was under from the media ....

12 wins from the first 15 games, then a month and a half later the manager loses his job.

Bale's goals the season before got Spurs 4th under Redknapp as well. If results over the course of the season are what counts then AVB should still be in a job as they've got more points this year than they had this time last year and overall this has been one of the best starts to a season that Spurs have had in 'the Premier League era'.

The £100m spent represents practically zero net spend.

He has been sacked because of issues with the Chairman, three shocking performances and extra pressure being put on him by 'Arry's mates. The fact that people seem to think that Spurs are struggling in the League when they clearly aren't is testament to the propaganda being spread. In terms of the bigger picture they're doing ok in the League, are still in three Cups and prior to Sunday were on a run of three wins in a row playing such negative football as to have scored two or more in five games in a row.

The games you mention include results gained in the Europa league against inferior opponents,You also believe Spurs are not struggling in the league yet their recent form paints a very different picture collecting only 8 points from their last 7 premiership games scoring only 6 whilst conceding a whopping 16,that is relegation stuff.

The sequence you mention consists of games against Sunderland,Fulham,Anji,Tromso and an out of sorts Man Utd,Spurs in their last 9 games have kept one clean sheet which was earnt against Sheriff.

£100m spent by someone else.

8 points from their bitter rivals who have started the season on fire is no reason to sack a manager. The aim was top 4 and they are a few points off. Man City were 8 points behind Man Utd with 6 games to go in the 2011-12 season, bet they are regretting not sacking Mancini then.

Crushing defeats, for example like losing 5-1 at home to Man City in the same week as losing 3-0 to Man Utd then later in the season losing 5-2 to bitter rivals Arsenal then 3-1 to Man Utd at home. Not to mention a 5-1 thrashing in the cup to Chelsea either. 5 crushing defeats in one season to rivals while failing to get out of the Europa League group stage. Wonder how much pressure this manager was under from the media ....

12 wins from the first 15 games, then a month and a half later the manager loses his job.

Chairman demand results in every game especially in the premier league and Spurs recent form has not been good enough for Levy and many fans .

That's some fancy manipulation of the facts.

Look, AVB deserved to go after the shambles of Sunday but at least admit to yourself how brainwashed you've been by 'Arry's mates. You'll feel better for it.

That's some fancy manipulation of the facts.

Look, AVB deserved to go after the shambles of Sunday but at least admit to yourself how brainwashed you've been by 'Arry's mates. You'll feel better for it.

Ridiculous !

Where is this fancy manipulation you suggest ?,I ain't a Tottenham fan and would not care if they lost 5 0 every week!

The games you mention include results gained in the Europa league against inferior opponents,You also believe Spurs are not struggling in the league yet their recent form paints a very different picture collecting only 8 points from their last 7 premiership games scoring only 6 whilst conceding a whopping 16,that is relegation stuff.

The sequence you mention consists of games against Sunderland,Fulham,Anji,Tromso and an out of sorts Man Utd,Spurs in their last 9 games have kept one clean sheet which was earnt against Sheriff.

8 points from 7 isn't great, but that ratio will never get you relegated. A run of 7 poor games and you are out now is the reason why so many clubs change managers hoping to get a quick fix. 4 of those 7 against teams who are in great form, especially against Man City and Liverpool who had ripped teams apart for fun in the games before.

I'm fairly sure that he was sacked because his relationship with Levy had broken down and there have been rumours going round that Levy asked him to play 2 up front.

Chairman demand results in every game especially in the premier league and Spurs recent form has not been good enough for Levy and many fans .

I doubt there is a single chairman out there that demands a result in every game.

Who are these "many fans" as I've heard from a couple of Spurs fans and they didn't want him to leave. There might be some fans, but there will always be those that have ridiculous demands. I know of a few Arsenal fans that wanted Wenger out at the start of the season, wonder if they still feel the same way.

I doubt there is a single chairman out there that demands a result in every game.

Who are these "many fans" as I've heard from a couple of Spurs fans and they didn't want him to leave. There might be some fans, but there will always be those that have ridiculous demands. I know of a few Arsenal fans that wanted Wenger out at the start of the season, wonder if they still feel the same way.

Chairman always demand a result every game because of mainly their ego and deluded intentions.Levy hires and fires at will without achieving his goal,Sacking Harry was a bad error of judgement whilst appointing AVB has become another poor error.

The truth is possibly Tottenham will never be contenders for the title and their prospects of finishing top 4 this season look doomed simply because their inferior goal difference.

Their forums seem to be split yet many fans who have appeared on camera wanted AVB to go.

8 points from 7 isn't great, but that ratio will never get you relegated. A run of 7 poor games and you are out now is the reason why so many clubs change managers hoping to get a quick fix. 4 of those 7 against teams who are in great form, especially against Man City and Liverpool who had ripped teams apart for fun in the games before.

I'm fairly sure that he was sacked because his relationship with Levy had broken down and there have been rumours going round that Levy asked him to play 2 up front.

Levy has been chairman for 12 years and is now searching for his 8th manager which explains plenty.

If any of Allardyce, Pardew or Mackay go in the next 48 days (and the latter is looking increasingly likely) then Wenger will have a longer tenure at Arsenal than all the other PL managers combined (via @sportingintel)

Back