• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sven took over at Cardiff, he seems to like working under crazy, wealthy foreign owners (Man City, Leicester, Notts County). But why would any self-respecting manager want to work there? Tan clearly knows nothing about football and whoever takes over there will have to win the fans over.

That's 4 PL managers sacked in December now. Wouldn't be surprised if Allardyce and/or Lambert go the same way soon.

Cardiff to appoint Phil Brown, as he has plenty of experience of working in the Premier League with a ridiculous Tan..

:joke::joke:

Harris wasn't a coach though and who would bend over backwards to keep someone who was most likely going to sit on the bench all season long.
What I ment was that every body knew Harris wanted a coaching job but Brown did not see him as good enough .

What I ment was that every body knew Harris wanted a coaching job but Brown did not see him as good enough .

I don't remember Brown saying that. I think it was more the fact there wasn't a space for him in our coaching set up and we probably couldn't afford an extra coach on our books.

Kevin Nolan is a dirty little ****. So that result must put intense pressure on Big Sam? Will the board wait and see who he brings in or get someone in now while the window has just opened.

Kevin Nolan is a dirty little ****. So that result must put intense pressure on Big Sam? Will the board wait and see who he brings in or get someone in now while the window has just opened.

It'll cost West Ham a fortune to sack Big Sam, he's the 13th highest paid manager in world football if what I heard in Talksport a couple of weeks ago can be believed.

It'll cost West Ham a fortune to sack Big Sam, he's the 13th highest paid manager in world football if what I heard in Talksport a couple of weeks ago can be believed.

BiG Sam doesn't seem too happy about his captain at the minute.:smiles:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/01/fulham-west-ham-united-premier-league

"There's certainly something wrong with his mentality at the minute. I haven't seen this type of reaction [from him] before … We'll deal with the situation internally."

Many firms have suspended their 'next Prem manager to go' market, apparently lots of money incoming for Sam Allardyce.

West Ham are dreadful, but sacking Allardyce now would significantly hamper their efforts to avoid relegation. Allardyce gets paid £2.95m a year and has another 18 months left on his deal. That's the best part of £5m they'd have to cough up if they get rid of him. That, if reports are to be believed, is basically their transfer budget for January.

Gold, Sullivan and troll in a business suit are caught between a rock and a fat face. And it's hilarious to watch.

West Ham are dreadful, but sacking Allardyce now would significantly hamper their efforts to avoid relegation. Allardyce gets paid £2.95m a year and has another 18 months left on his deal. That's the best part of £5m they'd have to cough up if they get rid of him. That, if reports are to be believed, is basically their transfer budget for January.

Gold, Sullivan and troll in a business suit are caught between a rock and a fat face. And it's hilarious to watch.

Is that why they are talking about the possibility of selling Morrison to raise cash?

Is that why they are talking about the possibility of selling Morrison to raise cash?

I'd say Morrison's an interesting case. On one hand he's clearly an immensely talented footballer capable of changing games. He's precisely the kind of player you'd want in a side so pedestrian as West Ham as he has the ability to create something out of nothing. However he's still hugely unproven, so selling him now may only produce a small profit. It might allow Allardyce/his successor to address the team's more obvious failings, but that's a move of almost incompetent short-termism.

On the other, he's a player who seems to permanently lurch from one disaster to the next and will always be just one scandal away from becoming almost worthless once again. Perhaps West Ham consider now - when his stock is relatively high - the prime time to cash in before he intimidates another witness?

Worth noting that, contrary to what West Ham may have you believe, Morrison's agent pretty much confirmed the existence of a buy-back clause for MUFC.

Uncle Leo, opinons on Pepe Mel? Good choice?

I'm pleased for him as I thought Betis made a very short sighted decision in getting rid of him. He did well at the Benito Villamarin, getting Betis promoted on a budget at the first attempt, consolidating in Primera in his second season and securing a Europa League spot in his third.

There was a massive turnover of players in the summer - something that was in the hands of the sporting director rather than Mel - and this season the team just didn't gel. It's notable that Mel's successor has got off to a pretty average start (the midweek cup win against Athletic looks good on paper but we were totally outplayed).

As for West Brom, it does seem a slightly strange decision; Mel isn't one of these cosmopolitan types who has played or managed in lots of different leagues. He has spent his whole career up to now in Spain and I wonder if he may take a while to adjust to the Prem. Given West Brom's position, time isn't something he'll have and I have a sneaky feeling Pepe Mel won't be at the Hawthorns for the long haul. Sincerely hope I am wrong though.

Back