• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest odds from our place:

Fabio Capello 5/2
Tim Sherwood 6/1
Michael Laudrup 6/1
Guus Hiddink 8/1
Glen Hoddle 10/1
Jurgen Klinsmann 10/1
Frank de Boer 14/1
Luis Enrique 16/1
20/1 bar

What no Curbishley?

Screenshot_16_12_2013_11_44.jpg

Seems like he has been sacked based on 2 results - the Man City and Liverpool heavy defeats. If they had only been by 1 or 2 goals, I doubt anything would have happened. Press got right into AVB and increased the pressure more and more, until Tottenham panicked.

7th in the Premiership with more than half the season to go and only 5 off 4th place, still in Europa League and still got a chance to win both the domestic cups.

Seems like he has been sacked based on 2 results - the Man City and Liverpool heavy defeats. If they had only been by 1 or 2 goals, I doubt anything would have happened. Press got right into AVB and increased the pressure more and more, until Tottenham panicked.

7th in the Premiership with more than half the season to go and only 5 off 4th place, still in Europa League and still got a chance to win both the domestic cups.

Bear in mind he spent around 100 million.

He may have lost Bale but overall the team should be stronger than last year and clearly isnt. Getting hammered at home 5-0 isnt what you would expect from a team that cost what Spurs did, plus they even got beaten at home to West Ham for the first time in years.

Latest odds from our place:

Fabio Capello 5/2
Tim Sherwood 6/1
Michael Laudrup 6/1
Guus Hiddink 8/1
Glen Hoddle 10/1
Jurgen Klinsmann 10/1
Frank de Boer 14/1
Luis Enrique 16/1
20/1 bar

What no Curbishley?

I'd love to see Glenn Hoddle back in football.

Bear in mind Tottenham spent around 100 million.

He may have lost Bale but overall the team should be stronger than last year and clearly isnt. Getting hammered at home 5-0 isnt what you would expect from a team that cost what Spurs did, plus they even got beaten at home to West Ham for the first time in years.

Edited ....

What a team needs is time to gel. How would you judge how strong the team is compared to last season? Certainly not on one or two games. They should have been judged around February time when they would have all settled.

Also, after 16 games last season they had 26 points and this season they have 27 points after 16 games.

Edited ....

What a team needs is time to gel. How would you judge how strong the team is compared to last season? Certainly not on one or two games. They should have been judged around February time when they would have all settled.

Also, after 16 games last season they had 26 points and this season they have 27 points after 16 games.

Losing 3 league game by an aggregate 14 0 does not bode very well,Spurs were clueless against Liverpool and were lucky they never conceded more than 5,Whilst I agree with you the guy should have had more time nowadays chairman become very nervous at possible loss of millions in revenue.

Spurs were missing 3 first choice defenders and Sandro went off injured too. They were always going to struggle against Liverpool who have so much quality going forward.

Spurs were missing 3 first choice defenders and Sandro went off injured too. They were always going to struggle against Liverpool who have so much quality going forward.

Maybe so but after spending 100 million the squad should have strength in depth by now,I think the tactics were ridiculous by playing one up top whilst the defence played too high up the pitch add the fact Suarez has scored more goals than the entire Tottenham team his sacking was no surprise.

Well, yeahhhhh, but they couldn't even beat Man Utd this season! Was always on the cards after that.

If you believe a number of online commentaries, the relationship between Levy and AVB has been broken for some time. This defeat was a last straw and an excuse to call it a day.

It wasn't just a defeat though. They were blown away. Liverpool could have scored eight or nine and in reply Spurs couldn't even manage a single shot on goal.

The tactics are terrible. Spurs have signed one of the best strikers in Europe and have put him into a formation for which he just isn't suited. They play a very high line normally (despite having that carthorse Dawson in the team) but yesterday did that against a team set-up to exploit teams playing that way. Suarez is lethal on the break and Henderson & Stirling were breaking through at will.

In terms of points he's actually done pretty well but you can't play like that twice in a month and stay in a job.

It wasn't just a defeat though. They were blown away. Liverpool could have scored eight or nine and in reply Spurs couldn't even manage a single shot on goal.

The tactics are terrible. Spurs have signed one of the best strikers in Europe and have put him into a formation for which he just isn't suited. They play a very high line normally (despite having that carthorse Dawson in the team) but yesterday did that against a team set-up to exploit teams playing that way. Suarez is lethal on the break and Henderson & Stirling were breaking through at will.

In terms of points he's actually done pretty well but you can't play like that twice in a month and stay in a job.

Just been chatting to our head of football, who is also a big Spurs fan. He was very much in the pro-AVB camp, but felt that yesterday was a watershed from which there was probably no coming back.

Suffice to say he's not all that pleased about the list of potential replacements either!

I genuinely can't remember many worse performances I've seen a Pro team put in. I don't think that's even hyperbole. We've put in some stinkers over the years and Arsenal waiving the white-flag at Old Trafford two years back was poor but in terms of one team being so comprehensively outplayed in all areas of the pitch by a team supposedly on the same level as them I'm scratching my head to think of anything worse.

Back