• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Questions and Answers Required Please.

1.Yes
2. Permanently for home fans and as safe standing yes, but not as is
3. Already have
4. Clean environment
5. I thought we did some of this quite well already - free tickets for schools etc
Go “local” for trades and suppliers and advertise the fact -
Always look to go local first, over anything outside of the SS post codes

1. Yes
2. Absolutely, bloody, YES.
3. Even as an exile, yes.
4. Better parking facilities (as an exile who drives to home games), plus better food and drink options.
5. Get advertising more and reach a wider audience

Hi All, This is best to have in a separate thread i think.

The below questions in no way reflect anything happening at the club atm. The staff, who are mostly working unpaid are doing everything they can under the most difficult circumstances,but of course it is made worse by having both their hands tied behind their back. I apologise to the staff at the club for not making this clear earlier.

The Zone has been asked to get 5 questions asked and answered to help some research that is taking place.

1. Would you get to Roots Hall earlier if there was a fan zone, with food and drink options for home games? Entertainment and ex players.

2. Would you sit in the North Bank if it was possible on a game by game basis depending on the away team?

3. If you have not bought a season ticket yet, would you buy one if RM is no longer involved in Southend United.

4. If one thing could be done to improve your match day experience, what could it be?

5. What could the club do, in your opinion, to be more involved in the local community.

Thanks
1. Maybe, but unlikely as live out of the area and when I do come back normally go to a game half a dozen times a year with my old man.

2. No, though I would love to see The Blue Voice in there, I'd be more tempted to join if it was a safe standing area.

3. No, due to not living in the area.

4. Make it easier to grab something to eat/drink at half time without having to either queue up before the half is over or get back to my seat after the second half has kicked off. Maybe ability to order online and then go to a fast lane pick up spot that's designated for pre-orders?

5. I think offering out cheap season tickets for kids makes so much sense. I was raised as a Man Utd fan but got hooked as a teenager on a £35 season ticket and now can't ever see myself supporting anyone else.

1. Depending on options & prices charged.
2. No
3. No ( due to potential travel plans, meaning i'd miss some games )
4. Toilets with hot water & liquid soap dispensers
5. Advertising on local radio for forthcoming home game/s & 'kids for a quid' against drab teams.

1. Would you get to Roots Hall earlier if there was a fan zone, with food and drink options for home games? Entertainment and ex players.

Yes, definitely. I know we’re restricted by the license, but something to attract fans would be ideal. This hasn’t got to be limited to just booze and food either, how about stalls selling retro shirts & bespoke merchandise, maybe a swap shop for old programmes, penalty shootouts/games/competitions for kids (and adults) etc

2. Would you sit in the North Bank if it was possible on a game by game basis depending on the away team?

No, but others would

3. If you have not bought a season ticket yet, would you buy one if RM is no longer involved in Southend United.

Already signed up, but absolutely.

4. If one thing could be done to improve your match day experience, what could it be?

Give us a reason to be proud. Clean, working facilities would be a start. A decent selection of food/drink wouldn’t go amiss either. More service outlets. The queues at HT put most people off. The East and West Stand doors are opened at HT to let people out for a fag, extra toilets and pop up food/bar areas would be handy. Also, sort out the club shop. Bring it back in-house instead of outsourcing it. It’s filled with utter **** atm. I often pop in before a game just looking for a piece of SUFC treasure/memorabilia/tat and come away empty handed.

5. What could the club do, in your opinion, to be more involved in the local community.

Tap up the next generation of talent. Give free tickets to local schools. Once a month get players to visit schools and hand out the tickets, whilst doing autographs/pictures etc Also be nice to advertise and get our name out there more. Something like another Club Shop in the high street, like we had years ago. Posters dotted around the town centre with fixture lists and upcoming games. Our club badge plastered everywhere

1. Possibly. Would like to but I take my children, so logistics may be preventative. Also sitting in the West the journey round is a pain
  2. Not for League Games, season ticket holder and my OCD couldn’t handle not being in my usual seats! Cup games though, definitely.
  3. Bought it.
  4. West Stand Bar. Maybe serve outside through a window, cover outside. Queue is ridiculous, often get blocked by stewards even though i pre order. Oh and bring Strongbow back on tap!
  5. CET works well, until they sale I wouldn’t bother changing anything. Would suspect new owners will bring own ideas

Hi All, This is best to have in a separate thread i think.

The below questions in no way reflect anything happening at the club atm. The staff, who are mostly working unpaid are doing everything they can under the most difficult circumstances,but of course it is made worse by having both their hands tied behind their back. I apologise to the staff at the club for not making this clear earlier.

The Zone has been asked to get 5 questions asked and answered to help some research that is taking place.

Thanks
1 - yes. I currently don’t eat there as the food is awful. And drinks - probably evening games. Maybe an idea to keep this open after matches too.
2 - no. But that’s my choice preferring a side on view.
3 - I have one already. I would be encouraged to attend cup games - I won’t pay Ron more money.
4 - I think ease of food and drinks. Folk walking around selling coffee would be a hit on January evenings.
5 - Things like meet the blues day are great. Work more closely with Chris Phillips to get more coverage of things - eg hospital visits at Christmas.

1. Yes as we've always held back from getting to the ground early due to the lack of good food and drinks available especially in the winter months when the tea, and soup can only be described as dishwater.

2. No

3. N/A

4. A clean seat would be a great start as I'm sick of leaving the game and the back of my jacket resembling that of a Columbian Coke dealers desk lol

5. Club shop in the high street much like we've seen of spurs and wet spam down the years

Back