• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

No, but there were a lot of 'alternative truths' told and some will have swayed some people.

You do realise we haven't actually left yet? That's when a lot of those scenarios will come to fruition.

Actually the Remain campaign said as soon as we VOTED to leave then jobs would be lost, companies would relocate, prices would go up etc.

Anyway, back on topic, is it going to be like this for the next four years? Trump does something that offends the snowflakes and they respond with protests and petitions? Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with this blanket ban, it's been rash and not thought-out, but as usual there's been a hysterical overreaction from the lynch mob who don't seem capable of reasoned critical thought. I've seen people on social media comparing it to the Holocaust.

And people criticise politicians for breaking promises all the time - at least Trump is doing what he said he'd do in his campaign.

Actually the Remain campaign said as soon as we VOTED to leave then jobs would be lost, companies would relocate, prices would go up etc.

Anyway, back on topic, is it going to be like this for the next four years? Trump does something that offends the snowflakes and they respond with protests and petitions? Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with this blanket ban, it's been rash and not thought-out, but as usual there's been a hysterical overreaction from the lynch mob who don't seem capable of reasoned critical thought. I've seen people on social media comparing it to the Holocaust.

And people criticise politicians for breaking promises all the time - at least Trump is doing what he said he'd do in his campaign.

Excellent post !

Some people hate democracy....they won't accept Brexit,now it's Trump's turn to be the hate figure.

Crazyworldweliveinsadly

Strange that we did not see protests in UK cities when the Chinese leader came over, and their human rights records make Trump look like Mary Poppins...

At the end of the day it's all about economics - money in king!

Personally I am more disgusted by the trafficking of baby chimpanzees featured on News at 10, the human race - what a **** up !

very mixed messages here - you use 'snowflake' the insult of choice of the 'alt right' who are the people that were called neo Nazis until sections of the media tried to sanitise their views.
You use 'snowflake' presumably not because each snowflake is unique but because they melt. But in this case the snowflakes are not melting, they are organising and protesting and putting Trump and the appeasement he is getting from May under the spotlight and generating a lot of publicity and debate. So not really melting away.

And you say these snowflakes are a lynch mob. But the UK protests today have been very positive and well meaning and the police were there in numbers and not called upon. Lynch mob is inaccurate as the tens of thousands who surrounded Downing St were all aware that neither Trump nor May were there - so no lynching possible or intended. And what a strange phrase to use - you must be aware that is a term associated with the KKK and whose recent victory came with footage of KKK sections celebrating? Donald Trump.

Strange choice of words to use, I wonder what inspired the choice.

Strange that we did not see protests in UK cities when the Chinese leader came over, and their human rights records make Trump look like Mary Poppins...

At the end of the day it's all about economics - money in king!

Personally I am more disgusted by the trafficking of baby chimpanzees featured on News at 10, the human race - what a **** up !
there were protests against the Chinese visit. The visit was more low key and didn't come with lots of self publicity generated by the Chinese themselves and the protests were isolated to London because there was not a wider news story generated by them. There were protests though and not on an insignificant scale either.

there were protests against the Chinese visit. The visit was more low key and didn't come with lots of self publicity generated by the Chinese themselves and the protests were isolated to London because there was not a wider news story generated by them. There were protests though and not on an insignificant scale either.

Do you think its a least acceptable to have a 6 month ban on Iraqis entering the USA.

Do you think its a least acceptable to have a 6 month ban on Iraqis entering the USA.
do you have your reply to the reply your are expecting already lined up?!! Apologies if I'm being over cynical, but I don't think I am being. I suggest you just move on to what you want to say - open forum for you.....

Tens of thousands reported on the radio protesting in London and not one arrest. Impressive.

Owen Jones is still a mug though.

Tens of thousands reported on the radio protesting in London and not one arrest. Impressive.

Fools. Alienating our closest global ally would be far more self harmful than the Brexit vote. We should be riding the crest of this wave. I hope TM pays no notice to them.

Trump said all along that this ban would take place, why are people shocked now that he has acted on it? Reality Check: It's a TEMPORARY 3 month ban whilst they get a handle on the faceless majority that are swarming through the gates of the US....Not a permanent measure.

do you have your reply to the reply your are expecting already lined up?!! Apologies if I'm being over cynical, but I don't think I am being. I suggest you just move on to what you want to say - open forum for you.....

You were born ahead of your time. Should definitely been born a Snowflake.

We watched the ITV news at 630.....first reporter at DS stated "few hundred "....few minutes later the second reporter stated "several thousand":stunned:

Jones should be locked up.

but as usual there's been a hysterical overreaction from the lynch mob who don't seem capable of reasoned critical thought.

DO please show me where there is evidence of white Americans being strung up and left to die by an angry baying mob of black people. Absolutely disgusting comment.

We watched the ITV news at 630.....first reporter at DS stated "few hundred "....few minutes later the second reporter stated "several thousand":stunned:

Jones should be locked up.
there were probably 30,000 in Whitehall but there were well attended protests going on throughout the country. There are aerial photos to show just how busy it was.

Jones should e locked up for what exactly?

You were born ahead of your time. Should definitely been born a Snowflake.
funny how the language of the 'alt right' has made its way onto this forum - you are the third person to use the new go to insult and it's still not taken as an insult as each snowflake is still unique so the term is still received as a compliment.

there were probably 30,000 in Whitehall but there were well attended protests going on throughout the country. There are aerial photos to show just how busy it was.

Jones should e locked up for what exactly?

Jones is smarmy and dangerous...he organises these protests...just think if Trump did pull the plug on the UK...millions of jobs would go...would Jones still be smarmy then.

Back