• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pets

Love the wildlife visiting our garden too - including the badger who digs up the lawn and my garden pots ! We had a new side gate fitted recently and had a square cut out of the bottom so the animals could still use their usual routes.

🤣 Love this.

I’ve been told to say they are two American Tree Frogs. As to losing pets the first cat that we had after we got married lived to an incredible 21 and was incredibly active up to the last couple of months. She outlived the second cat we had who made it to 18. Our minor miracle U.K. cat who survived what we think was a badger attack and arrived home with a gaping hole in his leg after being missing for 4 days, then a few years later lost an eye (branch damage) made it to 15. We were convinced we were taking him to the vet to be put down, there was an awful stench of already rotting flesh. Vet was determined because it said the cat’s a battler. He was still alert despite being in pain. He even managed to save the hind leg after much chopping around. His limp was nowhere near as bad as you might imagine so he was fully active, hunting, exploring etc and wasnt even 3 at the time that happened.

Yes I’m a massive softie when it comes to pets, particularly cats.

Loving this thread. All 3 cats in HK are fully grown and two of them are really small

From top to bottom

Billy, male 8. A strange one I didn’t even notice he had half a tail until I got him home. The least affectionate cat I’ve ever had but still love him to bits. Every year for the annual check up I have to ask the vet to cut his nails and shave matted hair. Got claws like daggers which will rip your arms to shreds even with protection and then of course at the vets sits there meekly while the vet does it all. Annual check up due soon. This time I’m going to video my attempts to cut claws and comb fur as I’m sure the Vet doesn’t believe me! That reminds me I’ve got the annual fun of trying to get him into a cat basket or carrier. Trust me I’ve tried EVERYTHING. he can smell the carrier a mile off and gets himself into a massive panic if you manage to catch him and with extraordinary strength wriggles free. I have to book three appointments in no particular order and I guarantee I won’t catch him first again this year.

Jessie, female 3. Madness personified. A bully to the other two cats, regular catcher of frogs, insects etc. Bizarre as none of the HK cats go outside which will be a problem when I return home. Soft and playful she bites after too much stroking but she’s so small that her teeth tickle.

Xena, female 10. Awesome. Massively affectionate, follows me around like a dog, sleeps with me. Spends most of the time on my lap when I’m home. Loves my showers because we got into a habit of me sitting on the edge of the bed and her jumping up on the towel for affection. Loves laying on her back and having her tummy tickled apart from the usual treatment.

76F5AB1A-FE40-4C3C-A38A-DD4305B5C3FE.jpeg

Last edited:
It's 27°c in here, I'm getting a through draft from the back door and I'm not moving. I might also add that I'm extremely grumpy and this will only be cured by the delivery of this evening's bowl full of doubly delicious fish food.

1657554593983.jpeg

Back