• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oldham Athletic 1-1 Southend Utd

Hmmm. Interesting that the two players you've just hung out to dry are our sub saharan ones but hopefully.... it's just a coincidence, and not another one of your dubious statements that you're prone to come out with.

Colin has been brilliant for us so how you can criticise him is beyond me and the new lad is exactly that so give him a chance man.
Wow that’s some ambiguous statement!

it reminds me of that injury crisis when Powell was in charge. All our forwards kept getting injured, yet he was getting crap for playing one up top. if we only have one striker, we can only play one striker. if we have no strikers, we can play no strikers. i don't blame Kev for that.
Decent point all things considered

I don't blame Kev for lack of strikers but we went to pieces when BP was subbed off. There was no closing of defenders and we got bombarded by long balls

In the circumstances a decent result but I suspect not everyone will agree.

This is not a venue where one point can be guaranteed even if we still had the players we started the season with.

Losing key players and then trying to accommodate newcomers/replacements is inevitably disruptive and it will take time to fully adapt. Hopefully we will do so sooner rather than later.

While we might well have won the game we also could have easily lost it so a draw seems a fair outcome.

Lots of effort and fighting spirit from the boys in red. It goes without saying we urgently need more bodies but I also believe there is a fair bit of improvement still to come from a few of the squad.

On to Tuesday night!

Colin - 5 I’m a big fan of Colin but today is distribution was off and he nearly let one squirm under him from the free kick.

Taylor - 6 thought he defended ok today one weird bit of defending at the end of the second half which led them to hitting the bar.

Crowther - 7 I thought Crowther played well today, good in the air and was equally good with the ball at his feet today

Gubbins - 6 I don’t get the criticism of Gubbins today, he played well however his marking on the equaliser was just lazy hence the -1 point.

Gus - 7 standard Gus performance was up and down all game and popped up with another goal 5 goals already from RWB is incredible.

Ralph - 7 same as Gus regarding up and down all game and I actually think it worked better with Ralph at LWB today as his so much more comfortable defensively than Bridge.

Morton - 6 kept things ticking over in the Cav role but his not the same level unfortunately seemed a bit slow across the ground hence the silly booking.

Husin - 7 Noors work rate is incredible considering this man never had a pre season at all, he picks up some excellent pockets of space and keeps things simple.

Moncur - 8 man of the match for me, he looked fitter and sharper today his ability on the ball is probably the best at this level, we are very very lucky to have him with us.

Bridge - 7 I actually thought Bridge got on the ball a lot more today and played some nice touches in the No.10 position that everyone including me was so against.

Pepple - 5 sorry but on this showing Bim is not the answer, his first touch was off and he didn’t seem to run the channels as much as Cards used too or even Waldron does, I hope it was just first game nerves and he will improve.

Subs

Appiah-Forson - 6 didn’t do too much to affect the game.

Wood - Not on long enough

Wind - As above

Are there you are again, Paulie?
Criticise Collin? Or is this some other Colin you're referring to? Would you like our keeper to kick the ball better? Of course, you would.
And as for your Saharan reference, I would be very, very careful if it's a pop in a certain direction.
The Mods won't like that...
I won't be bullied by you my friend, to come on here and criticise a young keeper who's done very well for us and a fella who hasn't played in a long time was just plain nasty.

We've just sold a top striker, have many others crook and you just can't help yourself with a spiteful dig at our young players.

Disgusting.

I won't be bullied by you my friend, to come on here and criticise a young keeper who's done very well for us and a fella who hasn't played in a long time was just plain nasty.

We've just sold a top striker, have many others crook and you just can't help yourself with a spiteful dig at our young players.

Disgusting.
Touched a nerve, eh?
Collin has done really well, but there are a dozen others here who say his kicking is wanting. My criticism as such was directed at his coaches. But you saw that, right?
Spiteful? Oh, please...if you thought Pepple looked the part, you're welcome to that opinion.
However, I did praise other players: notably Ralph. Missed that, did you? And during the match thread, thought Gubbins might have contributed more apart from a rash yellow.
But you do like to make it personal. It's clearly my fault for missing your birthday.

Colin - 5 I’m a big fan of Colin but today is distribution was off and he nearly let one squirm under him from the free kick.

Taylor - 6 thought he defended ok today one weird bit of defending at the end of the second half which led them to hitting the bar.

Crowther - 7 I thought Crowther played well today, good in the air and was equally good with the ball at his feet today

Gubbins - 6 I don’t get the criticism of Gubbins today, he played well however his marking on the equaliser was just lazy hence the -1 point.

Gus - 7 standard Gus performance was up and down all game and popped up with another goal 5 goals already from RWB is incredible.

Ralph - 7 same as Gus regarding up and down all game and I actually think it worked better with Ralph at LWB today as his so much more comfortable defensively than Bridge.

Morton - 6 kept things ticking over in the Cav role but his not the same level unfortunately seemed a bit slow across the ground hence the silly booking.

Husin - 7 Noors work rate is incredible considering this man never had a pre season at all, he picks up some excellent pockets of space and keeps things simple.

Moncur - 8 man of the match for me, he looked fitter and sharper today his ability on the ball is probably the best at this level, we are very very lucky to have him with us.

Bridge - 7 I actually thought Bridge got on the ball a lot more today and played some nice touches in the No.10 position that everyone including me was so against.

Pepple - 5 sorry but on this showing Bim is not the answer, his first touch was off and he didn’t seem to run the channels as much as Cards used too or even Waldron does, I hope it was just first game nerves and he will improve.

Subs

Appiah-Forson - 6 didn’t do too much to affect the game.

Wood - Not on long enough

Wind - As above
Harsh on Pepple. He's come in from Luton reserves and been thrown up front on his own for his first game for us. And even Cardwell didn't run the channels like Cardwell did when he first joined.

Did I think Pepple had a great game? No, I didn't, but I would critisise him.

Funny how people say we were so poorly ineffective once he went off though.

Give the lad a chance.

My observations today.
1/ For Gods sake somebody have a shot
2/ Why can’t we make subs pro-actively instead of when someone scores. It’s almost inevitable we are gonna concede because of tired legs but no one running the show seems to see it.
3/ Bim needs to shed a few pounds and then we can judge
4/ The other new signing reminded me of Vilhete, but again time needed.

Harsh on Pepple. He's come in from Luton reserves and been thrown up front on his own for his first game for us. And even Cardwell didn't run the channels like Cardwell did when he first joined.

Did I think Pepple had a great game? No, I didn't, but I would critisise him.

Funny how people say we were so poorly ineffective once he went off though.

Give the lad a chance.
It’s an observation on a performance… and in my opinion he didn’t look ready today I don’t think I’ve been harsh on todays showing he isn’t the answer

Touched a nerve, eh?
Collin has done really well, but there are a dozen others here who say his kicking is wanting. My criticism as such was directed at his coaches. But you saw that, right?
Spiteful? Oh, please...if you thought Pepple looked the part, you're welcome to that opinion.
However, I did praise other players: notably Ralph. Missed that, did you? And during the match thread, thought Gubbins might have contributed more apart from a rash yellow.
But you do like to make it personal. It's clearly my fault for missing your birthday.
The only nerve that's been touched is yours, all because i called out yet another a ridiculous, and totally unfair post from you.

For someone like you who is offended by a loud fart it's quite laughable to ask someone if their nerves were touched 🤣🤣🤣.

Personally If we are to make a run for the play offs we need to be holding onto games like that. Oldham didn't offer much but we made a rod for our own back when we didn't have a player to defend from the front... Clear the ball. Defenders under no pressure and straight back in. No that's not Kev's fault that we don't have another striker but he should have bought wood on when taking pebble off. As much as I don't rate wood he would atleast have pressed there back line.

Back