• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

H G Stennett (Henry, but called Harry) was listed as being from the Bath/Bristol area for most of his refereeing career. Previously a head in Bath, he moved to Leigh and was Head at Fairfax before taking a (small) step up the ladder to Head at Belfairs. Died 6 years ago at the age of 96.
Football League linesman for 11 years.
@Mick He was Deputy Head at Belfairs when I first started there. He moved to Fairfax to gain his promotion to Headship. Then returned a few years later to Belfairs as Head Master and I believe ended his career there. He lived in Berkeley Gardens in Leigh.

I had the pleasure of being caned by him at Belfairs, six of the best. I had stuffed those green paper towels from the toilets down the back of my underpants. I got away with it last time and didn't feel a thing, despite my OUCH's. This time he must have sussed something, as the last two he caned me on the top of my legs at the back. The OUCH's were real, as I nearly jumped through the roof. It also left me with cut marks that stung like mad for about a week. Not allowed nowadays of course. The funny thing was is that I was innocent. The lads that did the crime gave my name as I messed about a bit, so it would be believable. I told Mr Stennett it wasn't me, and he didn't believe me. He told me to give a name who did it then. I refused to grass, and got the punishment. Lol.
I definitely feel your pain 😥 back in the day, possibly around 1964 at Great Wakering Secondary School I was given 4 strokes of the cain by a Mrs Blair she hit me so hard and low on the back of my legs that she made the scar on my right leg bleed. Needless to say my Mum was NOT a happy bunny 🤬🤬These days you would get 5 years for doing this type of thing. Did I deserve it Yes more than likely 😀😜😀

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back