• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the headline in today's Echo "£47M TO FIX SOUTHEND", and I thought that sounds about right.

Ron said there was a shortfall in company accounts of 150,000 and that the money has now been replace and everyone who has not been paid will be today, also said shortfall was due to lower gates due to poor run and no cup runs.
Also said they are trying to get players in and that we will be paying a fee for 3 of the players we are in talks with he expects 5 players to come in.
Said he wasn't going anywhere and expects to be here for a very long time..

He said not heard anything about players meeting Sol and threatening to strike.

Because as with the "Chris Powell would have been on our side" comment and so much else its entirely possible its simply not true.

I think the club needs a top-to-bottom scrub up. A culture change. Inject some fresh, young, hungry blood at all levels and make this club thrive again. It's gone stale in so many facets within the club. It won't change itself and the club really needs to start planning for the future or else we may be following a semi-professional club or no club very soon.

Ron said there was a shortfall in company accounts of 150,000 and that the money has now been replace and everyone who has not been paid will be today, also said shortfall was due to lower gates due to poor run and no cup runs.
Also said they are trying to get players in and that we will be paying a fee for 3 of the players we are in talks with he expects 5 players to come in.

Good grief, just stop it Ron!!!!

Ron said there was a shortfall in company accounts of 150,000 and that hole has now been replace and everyone who has not been paid will be today, also said shortfall was due to lower gates due to poor run and no cup runs.

And so we have on here the statement that one unpaid player has indeed been paid today, the £150k seems entirely realistic (I guessed £100k), the lack of fixtures is true as is the lack of cup run and so no income, all this is reasonable. I would prefer the approach that says OK this is the version of the truth we can start with- can anyone prove its not the case? Hopefully it is.

As to the "Also said they are trying to get players in and that we will be paying a fee for 3 of the players we are in talks with he expects 5 players to come in." well I will entirely understand if that is taken with a pick of salt until it happens.

However- there might be change is strategy. Maybe (and lets hope so) Sol and Ron agree that the way to go is not big salaries to players on their way down on a free. Pay a fee for a younger player on his way up, less wages, overall no more expensive, and an asset at the end- many have been encouraging this approach for some time.

anyway ...

Not sure why Mantha B is still blaming Nile Ranger for everything ... he was GONE a long time ago ...

anyway ...

Not sure why Mantha B is still blaming Nile Ranger for everything ... he was GONE a long time ago ...

She also seems to like every tweet that has been negative toward Stephen Humphrys.

Like that’s going to help team chemistry!

And so we have on here the statement that one unpaid player has indeed been paid today, the £150k seems entirely realistic (I guessed £100k), the lack of fixtures is true as is the lack of cup run and so no income, all this is reasonable. I would prefer the approach that says OK this is the version of the truth we can start with- can anyone prove its not the case? Hopefully it is.

As to the "Also said they are trying to get players in and that we will be paying a fee for 3 of the players we are in talks with he expects 5 players to come in." well I will entirely understand if that is taken with a pick of salt until it happens.

However- there might be change is strategy. Maybe (and lets hope so) Sol and Ron agree that the way to go is not big salaries to players on their way down on a free. Pay a fee for a younger player on his way up, less wages, overall no more expensive, and an asset at the end- many have been encouraging this approach for some time.

****ing jackanory Ron again. If we sign five players in this transfer window I am Aretha Franklin.

She also seems to like every tweet that has been negative toward Stephen Humphrys.

Like that’s going to help team chemistry!

I know but she probably thinks she is just in someway be supportive of her partner, and maybe he doesn't feel he wants to ask her not to comment, maybe he doesn't care, maybe he doesn't notice or maybe he shrugs and thinks well done- just noise- but calling your husbands boss clueless on social media is just foolish and self harming.

Least of our problems however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back