• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry when we go bust and have no club left to represent the town , we will have all the Pro Martin brigade telling the rest of us that it was our fault for moaning.

If the players didn’t gave up against MK Dons in the league cup, we would got Liverpool on Sky TV, worth 500k, the 6 months worth of pay would be paid off!!

Ron Martin needs to go this time! Fed up of this ****!
For Ron to go there needs to be a viable alternative to succeed him. The chances of that are pretty low unless there is a local consortium ready to act with the dosh necessary. If there is no one on the horizon then Ron is what we have got and we have to suck it up until it changes. Ron can't afford for the club to fold and he will do whatever he can to prevent it. I'm not a supporter of the man but he's all we have. I could just walk away from the club and just ignore all that is happening but after all this time of watching I can't desert my club now. They will have my support and I will continue watching them whenever I can. One thing is certain, the club desparately needs the revenue from Saturday's game and almost certainly one or two of our 'better' players will be sold, there is no other way to get round our present financial manure.

For Ron to go there needs to be a viable alternative to succeed him. The chances of that are pretty low unless there is a local consortium ready to act with the dosh necessary. If there is no one the horizon then Ron is what we have got and we have to suck it up until it changes. Ron can't afford for the club to fold and he will do whatever he can to prevent it. I'm not a supporter of the man but he's all we have. I could just walk away from the Club and just ignore all that is happening but after all this time of watching I can't desert my Club now. They will have my support and I will continue watching them whenever I can. One thing is certain, the club desparately needs the revenue from Saturday's game and almost certainly one or two of our 'better' players will be sold, there is no other way to get round our financial manure.

Quite and while people say 'well there was the Blue Knights' etc etc and people always assume there will be people waiting in the wings if a club starts to look in real trouble - I'm not so sure that is the case any more.

Over the years, the PL has basically asset stripped the EFL of everything, and the way TV money is distributed means it is practically impossible now for a small club to compete in the Championship, let alone the Premier League. Things are so bleak for the future of the lower leagues, and the gaps are widening so much all the time, you would really have to be some kind of basket case to get involved in a club like ours. We're not even close to being viable.

In times gone by, when things weren't quite so extreme, you might have got someone in willing to speculate. But now? I'm not so sure.

Bury was the first, but I'm willing to bet that in ten years' time the landscape of the game will be unrecognisable, and it won't be in a good way. I hope that Southend United will still exist, but it may well be part-time and in a regionalised division.

Quite and while people say 'well there was the Blue Knights' etc etc and people always assume there will be people waiting in the wings if a club starts to look in real trouble - I'm not so sure that is the case any more.

Over the years, the PL has basically asset stripped the EFL of everything, and the way TV money is distributed means it is practically impossible now for a small club to compete in the Championship, let alone the Premier League. Things are so bleak for the future of the lower leagues, and the gaps are widening so much all the time, you would really have to be some kind of basket case to get involved in a club like ours. We're not even close to being viable.

In times gone by, when things weren't quite so extreme, you might have got someone in willing to speculate. But now? I'm not so sure.

Bury was the first, but I'm willing to bet that in ten years' time the landscape of the game will be unrecognisable, and it won't be in a good way. I hope that Southend United will still exist, but it may well be part-time and in a regionalised division.

Selling the club outright at the moment is just a complete no go, unless the buying party agrees to buy out the £17m loan that is owed to Ron Martin. Even if somebody did offer to buy the club and pay back the loan, even the faintest pinprick of a possibility of the new stadium going ahead would probably mean he will still cling on to the club.

As a Bolton fan this situation is horrible I would never want another club to go through what we did I feel for you fans stick together you’ll be ok the EFL have been neglecting things for far too long really hope you get through this

Yet again Ron fails to pay players and staff, or the taxman - but oh yeah, probably still driving round in his brand new Bentley!

Yet again Ron fails to pay players and staff, or the taxman - but oh yeah, probably still driving round in his brand new Bentley!
Sorry mate , many of our overpayed underperforming players drive nice cars, and they’re the worst team we’ve ever had , and they can’t be sacked until there contract runs out. Who would want to pay a few million a year to keep a football Club going out of their own money

Interesting stuff.

Absoluely nothng new in the mail story ... same as earlier story TUESDAY.

But they are getting fed crap from inside the club (the Powell remark),

The person doing it is not doing the club any good.

Sorry mate , many of our overpayed underperforming players drive nice cars, and they’re the worst team we’ve ever had , and they can’t be sacked until there contract runs out. Who would want to pay a few million a year to keep a football Club going out of their own money

Erm somebody who has no choice If he wants to keep his dream alive.

Interesting stuff.

I have a hunch , Cox?

Reason I say that , no young pro would risk he's position.

Cox seems to be on he's way out , we've herd the stories of how he has divided the dressing room at times, I can't think of many other characters who would do it.

Totally agree
I have a hunch , Cox?

Reason I say that , no young pro would risk he's position.

Cox seems to be on he's way out , we've herd the stories of how he has divided the dressing room at times, I can't think of many other characters who would do it.[/QUOTE

Interesting stuff.

I don’t think anyone was thinking the game was going to be off on Tuesday

Not for one second would I defend Ron Martin here. Nobody wants to hear about any employees of the club not receiving their salaries. It’s clear that the Chairman has simply not learned from his mistakes which almost sent the club under a decade ago.

With that being said, and I might take some flak here, the fact that any of those chodes currently playing for our club are even contemplating strike action (if the Mail story is true) is absolutely laughable. They’ve taken the **** out of our club and us fans all season, laugh about our predicament and are well on course for making sure the club goes down in the record books as having the worst Football League campaign ever.

Icing on the cake is whoever said “Chris Powell would stick up for us” (again, if true). If the turds hadn’t tried their best to get him sacked then he might still be here to do so. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:
Erm somebody who has no choice If he wants to keep his dream alive.
So yes he has a dream, and he needs it to happen . But for years he’s invested his own money paying crap players inflated wages. Yes he’s made mistakes , but can’t see anyone in the queue to take over. I feel he’s always supported his managers with players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back