• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL 2015 Season

NFL history in Nawlins - first ever blocked PAT returned for two points!

and now the eagles have levelled things against the Pats. Tonight has been great - Redzone has been struggling to keep up with things.

I read that and followed back the plays. If I read it right they were on the nyj 4 yard line and leading by 10. A field goal would have made it a two touchdown game but they failed and nyj tied it with a td and a field goal and Coughlin maintains it was the correct play to call. Am I missing something?

antoniowheee.0.gif

I read that and followed back the plays. If I read it right they were on the nyj 4 yard line and leading by 10. A field goal would have made it a two touchdown game but they failed and nyj tied it with a td and a field goal and Coughlin maintains it was the correct play to call. Am I missing something?

Yeah that's it. Pretty much all the fans were calling for them to go for it on 4th down - which does seem to have been forgotten in the hysteria since the end of the game. The Giants had some momentum for the first time all game - the two touchdowns had been a Beckham 78 yard run and a punt return and failing on 4th down meant the Jets had to drive the length of the field twice. I can see the thought process but it was a bad call.

It is just the latest issue. Throwing three times either side of the two minute warning against the Patriots, choosing not to score against Dallas - these are individual calls which look terrible because all the games were subsequently lost. The bigger issue though is that these are failures of execution rather than just being failures of judgement. No one complains against the Pats about those throws if Beckham avoids having one of them knocked out of his hands in the end zone, or if Brady is stopped on 4th and 10 in the last drive or if Landon Collins catches a routine interception. The decision to go for it on 4th and 2 last night is forgotten if it converts or if we stop Fitzpatrick from gaining a 12 yard run on 4th and 7 or if we can run the ball competently enough to not go three and out in the possession between the two Jets scores.

Tbh we have no business being near the play off picture. No pass rush and no running attack. Just a good quarterback and an amazing receiver.

Last edited:
Tbh we have no business being near the play off picture. No pass rush and no running attack. Just a good quarterback and an amazing receiver.

And - Philly's win in Foxboro notwithstanding - a ****ing abysmal division.

failing on 4th down meant the Jets had to drive the length of the field twice. I can see the thought process but it was a bad call.

To me, they should kick the Field goal no question. Then the Jets need to get 2 TDS. As it was they new a TD and a Field Goal so if their drive stalls at say the Giants 30, they can kick the field goal and they are no worse off. If they had needed a touchdown and the drive stalled at the 30 they would have had to go for the big one on 4th down. Bonkers.

Some wise words and goods stats but I still reckon if the Giants had kicked the field goal they would have had a better chance of winning.

As they would have had they scored the touchdown!

Personally I'd sooner put the blame on the defence failing to stop them than on the decision to go for it.

As they would have had they scored the touchdown!

Personally I'd sooner put the blame on the defence failing to stop them than on the decision to go for it.

Exactly. Failures of execution are making every decision look like a bad one. It has been the story of the Giants' season.

Back