• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin dawn would be a joke. It's a free advertising campaign for Ron world.

Slightly off topic. Some of the new cheaper training kits look fantastic

The guy pumps money into the club when it seems no one else (bar Sainsburys!) does so I can't see why he can't get a bit of advertising out of it. Could give Sainsburys a cheap deal to keep them sweet and on our side!

The guy pumps money into the club when it seems no one else (bar Sainsburys!) does so I can't see why he can't get a bit of advertising out of it. Could give Sainsburys a cheap deal to keep them sweet and on our side!

A) The Stadium will never happen
B) He might be keeping the club going but that is his job
C) The club won't benefit financially from this deal.

Borrows money off others, accumulating to our debt you mean.

I always look on here but rarely post but am 100% positive that it will be Martin dawn on the shirts next season.

Hi Flinty,
Thanks for posting. Can i ask how you are 100% positive. You must know someone at the Club ? Please tell me you are 99% sure and we can all hope for the remaining 1% you are wrong ! Haha!

Hi Flinty,
Thanks for posting. Can i ask how you are 100% positive. You must know someone at the Club ? Please tell me you are 99% sure and we can all hope for the remaining 1% you are wrong ! Haha!

Flinty has joined, only made a few posts all about Martin Dawn on the shirt.

Whilst I am always skeptical about inside sources he clearly knows something, which is sad as it means a lack of sponsorship.

Flinty has joined, only made a few posts all about Martin Dawn on the shirt.

Whilst I am always skeptical about inside sources he clearly knows something, which is sad as it means a lack of sponsorship.

Indeed. Which is very worrying.

Why can we not appear to be able to attract a sponsor?

Is Ronnie asking for silly money?

Has our reputation sunk that low?

:sad::unsure::'(

Im sure we can but if its £100k we are looking for then that sounds very steep to me.

Putting Martin Dawn on there seems like cutting your nose of to spite your face. How does that benefit Martin Dawn or the club?

If Martin Dawn want some publicity why not build the stadium and use that.

Doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Indeed. Which is very worrying.

Why can we not appear to be able to attract a sponsor?

Is Ronnie asking for silly money?

Has our reputation sunk that low?

:sad::unsure::'(

I don't think a lack of sponsor (if this is the case) is down to our reputation sinking so low. I am sure on the surface to any unbias party, I think we actually have a good reputation (in the community etc..)- certainly over the past 18 months there has been no major issues that may have sunk our reputation lower than a lot of clubs..

Anyone remember the Martin Dawn logo we had on the front of the silver LDV Final shirt? Came off after one wash.

Sad times when we can't attract a new shirt sponsor, there's multiple local concerns that could be interested. Have we just priced ourselves out the market, or given out poor PR?

I'd rather have a blank shirt than another one with Martin Dawn on it.

Saying that i'm struggling to get a sponsor my boy's under-7's team, perhaps i'll try Martin Dawn :raspberry:

I would be surprised to see MD on there full time. I think they might open it up to local companies on a game to game basis, with games that aren't sold, reverting to MD.

A couple of other clubs have tried it out when they've been stuck for a permanent sponsor. While it won't make as much money as a single sponsor unless they sell almost all the games, it's better than nothing.

All will be revealed at meet the Blues day. Not a lot of point in getting too worked up before that. Unless someone has firm official confirmation that it is MD, we can only wait and see.

I have heard from a wee little bird, no not that one, that the shirt sponsors will certainly be Martin Dawn but we did have other offers of sponsorship.

My understanding is that no one met the 100k they wanted so we are going with Martin Dawn.

This alone puzzles me as the parent company put money in anyway (not always their own) so Im not sure how this benefits them at all as Ive said before. Who is going to rush to use Martin Dawn because of a bit of advertising when they cant deliver Fossetts Farm?

What I have heard that is even more baffling is that there was an offer to sponsor the shirts for 50k+ but the club chose to stick with Martin Dawn anyway.

Someone please explain how that is of benefit as we appear to have missed out on enough money to pay for one senior player for the year?

On the positive note, this surely means money can't be too bad at the moment ?!

Anyone remember the Martin Dawn logo we had on the front of the silver LDV Final shirt? Came off after one wash.

I think you got a dodgy shirt. The Martin Dawn logo on mine has had the gloss come off slightly over the last ten years but is still clinging on.

I think you got a dodgy shirt. The Martin Dawn logo on mine has had the gloss come off slightly over the last ten years but is still clinging on.

In fairness, it may have found its way in to a very hot wash by accident. What can I say - I was young, carefree and sometimes took a cavalier approach to washing clothes. They were great times.

Has anyone got the Martin dawn logo??? Wana see what it looks like thanks

I did a Google image search for Martin Dawn PLC and got this. Looks like they have had a re-brand.

image_update_b7ee017637cdd98e_1367662858_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Back