• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

everyone bore off, going well off-topic.....

Can someone in the know please confirm the new sponsors pretty please

So Jam_Man has a bit of a dig about Martin Dawn being the sponsor and so does Agent Lomas but you choose to have a pop at Agent Lomas...Funny that.

To be fair I asked who the source was before making a jokey comment.

That said Agent Lomas' comment wasnt any worse theres no need for some of the aggression that followed, I know its hot out there, but lets all chill out...

Back on topic, as I said in my previous post I dont see the point in it being Martin Dawn. They dont need publicity, they would only be paying themselves money, and it prevents us getting any extra income.

Martin Dawn PLC

Hmmn, this person just registering and making only 3 posts about the shirts, one confirming the shirts, onestating MArtin Dawn, and the next asking what people think about Martin Dawn.

Anyone else have a little alarm bell ringing ?!

Hmmn, this person just registering and making only 3 posts about the shirts, one confirming the shirts, onestating MArtin Dawn, and the next asking what people think about Martin Dawn.

I'd rather have sponsorless shirts than Matin Dawn. We need income generated from sponsorship, not free advertising for Martin Dawn

:stunned: RON MARTIN IN ON SHRIMPERZONE !!!! :omg::welcome:

I'd rather have sponsorless shirts than Matin Dawn. We need income generated from sponsorship, not free advertising for Martin Dawn

Exactly what I was saying above, I dont understand the point.

Might as well stick Little Havens on the shirt and get some kudos...

Doesn't necessarily mean free advertising. There's still a £100k gap to fill which will fall ultimately to the rats nest of companies that MD is part of.

Anyone else thought Southend Borough Council might be a candidate? A few other clubs at our level have had something similar (Bury I think and Stockport did)

Doesn't necessarily mean free advertising. There's still a £100k gap to fill which will fall ultimately to the rats nest of companies that MD is part of.

Anyone else thought Southend Borough Council might be a candidate? A few other clubs at our level have had something similar (Bury I think and Stockport did)

Rons companies already put money into the club (supposedly), they arent going to put more in just because their name is on the shirt as I seriously doubt they are able to.

Rons companies already put money into the club (supposedly), they arent going to put more in just because their name is on the shirt as I seriously doubt they are able to.
If there's a £100k gap to fill they may have no choice. That's my point.

I tell you who it won't be though.

Tescos.

I can see it now.

Ron to the rescue...

"Martin Dawn and myself are proud to pump £100k in for the honour of being shirt sponsors of your great club. Although it is no different to any other month, as I myself already plough in £100k a month to keep the club afloat of course"

If that fails, then I wonder if Mr Wheeler (Now Marketing man at Rossi) will come to the clubs rescue?....99's all round then....

Who wants to mock up a Rossi sponsored home and away then?....

The council IMO have made it perfectly clear , they don't care too much about having a football team .

The council IMO have made it perfectly clear , they don't care too much about having a football team .

Really?....In what way?

They have been nothing but supportive of the plans. Perhaps they are just getting a bit miffed like the rest of us by Ronnie's constant bollocks?

If I were them, I would be preparing a plan b and a potential council owned "Community" stadium, like Col Ewe.

Really?....In what way?

They have been nothing but supportive of the plans. Perhaps they are just getting a bit miffed like the rest of us by Ronnie's constant bollocks?

If I were them, I would be preparing a plan b and a potential council owned "Community" stadium, like Col Ewe.
Well if RM's business plan is viable and potentially profit making then I would hope the council would step in and take on the project, however the more likely scenario is that his projections are a load of old bollocks.

Some of my contacts at Sainsbury have said as far as they know the agreement for them and RM to jointly finance the project is still in place, how jointly is jointly is debatable.

2a8l45t.jpg

2cf2wl1.jpg

I personally quite like the sponsor logo like this on the style of the way shirt as the stitching of that stripe makes it difficult to centralise anything.

ip37fo.jpg

Back