• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News National League signs deal to broadcast on DAZN TV this season

OK , I've calmed down a bit and checked back on my previous payment. So, last year's annual subscription was £170. The latest proposition seems to work out, 9 months at £24.99 + the Gateshead match in May (£9.99), which gives a total for the season of £234.90. Maths was never my strong point but doesn't that make an increase of just under 40%?
I think most would reluctantly accept the price increase if it meant the service and quality was better. One hopes that Dazn supply a much better service than NLTV did. Some games were unbelievably bad.

I think most would reluctantly accept the price increase if it meant the service and quality was better. One hopes that Dazn supply a much better service than NLTV did. Some games were unbelievably bad.
Just paid the monthly sub package but somewhat concerned that the York game is not shown on the 'schedule' page. I appreciate it's 'enhanced' compared to the other games on Saturday but why isn't it showing?

Seems a bit odd they'd do this given it's a 3pm game and hence they can't (officially) air it in the UK, maybe they're doing it as a proof of concept.

OK , I've calmed down a bit and checked back on my previous payment. So, last year's annual subscription was £170. The latest proposition seems to work out, 9 months at £24.99 + the Gateshead match in May (£9.99), which gives a total for the season of £234.90. Maths was never my strong point but doesn't that make an increase of just under 40%?
Yep, 37.6%.

Then again, last year, it would have worked out more paying monthly rather than the whole season, so maybe that percentage difference will come down if they issue a season deal.

I just wish I could log in.

OK! Has anyone got the same problem logging on? When I tried I've got a message saying, "wrong combination of e-mail and password".........which there isn't. Tried to re- register and that didn't work. Has anyone got any suggestions? .....Ask for a change of password???

OK! Has anyone got the same problem logging on? When I tried I've got a message saying, "wrong combination of e-mail and password".........which there isn't. Tried to re- register and that didn't work. Has anyone got any suggestions? .....Ask for a change of password???
I had to change my password to log on so can now access the site. Not that that is much help because their schedule for Saturday does not show the Southend game! I have emailed them twice asking for an explanation, having paid for a monthly sub, but have not received an answer.

I had to change my password to log on so can now access the site. Not that that is much help because their schedule for Saturday does not show the Southend game! I have emailed them twice asking for an explanation, having paid for a monthly sub, but have not received an answer.
I wouldn't hold your breath. I emailed them three times earlier this year over a couple of months regarding a billing issue. Haven't heard a thing.

Thanks for that. I feared changing my password would be the solution but that's a pain in the arse. It may interest you to know that on the 'How to watch Southend United on National League TV' thread Herts Shrimper has posted an article from Aldershot FC which indicates that an annual inscription of £189.99 will be available...........I don't know whether it says when!!! Regarding the York game maybe that will show up before Saturday or do I remember that televised games last season weren't available to us ex-pats. All in all not too auspicious a start for the new streaming service.:Sad:

Demanded a new password and they have said that a verification code would be sent to my e-mail address......................only, it hasn't been! This waste of time is a bloody nuisance........I have other things to do! At least I'm glad I didn't leave this until Saturday morning:Smile:

Hopefully this is wrong, but the reviews I can find of them suggest it may not be an improvement. I can't imagine they will invest much in it:
a) because the returns can't be that good, and
b) because looking at their accounts they don't have any money.

I suspect that for a traditional broadcaster such as TNT/Sky the NL is probably a good and fairly cheap schedule filler. Does it make any money?

I'm sure the NL have secured a great deal for themselves with DAZN TV. I'm starting to have grave doubts that it's such a good deal for us punters. The list of problems seems to be growing, before the first game is streamed. Let's hope things improve (rapidly) because, for the moment, it's amateurish, bordering on incompetent.

I'm sure the NL have secured a great deal for themselves with DAZN TV. I'm starting to have grave doubts that it's such a good deal for us punters. The list of problems seems to be growing, before the first game is streamed. Let's hope things improve (rapidly) because, for the moment, it's amateurish, bordering on incompetent.
Have now fired off another email but not expecting a swift response, or indeed any kind of response! Took at look at their FAQ page, surprise surprise, it's completely blank. And we thought iFollow was bad.

Is it a good deal for the NL, or just the only offer they had?

Back