• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News National League signs deal to broadcast on DAZN TV this season

Any progress on streaming our games discovered by anyone.......?
Posted this last night - looks like could be some difficulties, but I'd hope not insurmountable with some trial and error perhaps .....

Looks like there might be a couple of issues with streaming the 3pm sat games whilst on 'hols'.

1. Dazn blocks many vpns - but some appear to work so hopefully not insurmountable but may require paying for VPN rather than using a free one.

2. Dazn uses your billing address to determine your country - so will using a UK address mean cannot access 3pm sat games even if using VPN?

Anyone any experience of this?

My other question on DAZN - does the club get any share of the streaming revenue or does it just collect a fixed fee per season? Obvs on IPTV it doesn't get any additional revenue

From the last link.....

"The existing National League TV direct-to-consumer product will continue to serve fans of the leagues all of the action they are accustomed to until later in the 24/25 season, at which point the channel be fully aggregated into the DAZN ecosystem.
"

So looks like NLTV will remain for now.

Sounds like DAZN are offering the ability to pay subscription for a football package for normal TV so you just pay for their weekly NL live games. No price given yet tho.

NLTV now offering Daggers' friendly against Orient for £5.

So looks indeed like NLTV will be where we start the season, now we just need to know price. Doubt it'll be as little as a fiver a game but let's see.

fair play to Aldershot, this link is to their official website, where they have a very good Q&A section on DAZN.

With only a week to go still no info on National League website on packages, subscriptions etc just the D&R v Orient friendly today available. Unless I am missing something, in which case please correct me.

Pre-Christmas, NLTV will be embedded within the DAZN streaming platform under the branding of NLTV and will be a standalone application itself that will sit side-by-side with the DAZN streaming application.
Should we infer from this that the intention - hinted at in one of the links above, but not given a time frame - is to wrap NLTV into DAZN at Christmas? So we've got half a season of easy VPN viewing...

See from yesterday's Midi Libre that DAZN have aquirred the TV rights for all French National ! games next season,Imagine that makes their deal with the NL fairly small beer in comparison:Would still imagine some sort of announcement from them about packages etc before our first NL game next Sat.

See from yesterday's Midi Libre that DAZN have aquirred the TV rights for all French National ! games next season,Imagine that makes their deal with the NL fairly small beer in comparison:Would still imagine some sort of announcement from them about packages etc before our first NL game next Sat.
The French national league is basically division 3 and is their equivalent to our National League, so wouldn't think the Vanarama is small fry compared to that, would think they are similar at worst. Seems DAZN are trying to get into the football market for rights in a few European countries, maybe in the hope to garner a reputation to get higher level access in the future

The French national league is basically division 3 and is their equivalent to our National League, so wouldn't think the Vanarama is small fry compared to that, would think they are similar at worst. Seems DAZN are trying to get into the football market for rights in a few European countries, maybe in the hope to garner a reputation to get higher level access in the future
I woulndn't dismiss the TV rights for the likes of PSG.Marseilles.Montpellier etc games etc.Nor Would I call their eyewatering proposed monthly charge for French games as small beer-What I was implying was their eagerness to be involved in other leagues rather than the Nl might account for their percieved reluctance to announe the details of a deal which had apparently. already been signed,

I woulndn't dismiss the TV rights for the likes of PSG.Marseilles.Montpellier etc games etc.Nor Would I call their eyewatering proposed monthly charge for French games as small beer-What I was implying was their eagerness to be involved in other leagues rather than the Nl might account for their percieved reluctance to announe the details of a deal which had apparently. already been signed,
They have not signed up for the rights to the team you have mentioned they have signed up for the French national league and not Ligue 1 or Ligue 2. Agree what they are charging is ridiculous, but then I find DAZN a poor service and over priced

As for the bolder part I am saying they are starting with the semi professional / non league (UK) to make themselves visible as a football TV provider in the UK in the hope they will be able to show they offer a good service and maybe bid for packages in higher up divisions.

They have not signed up for the rights to the team you have mentioned they have signed up for the French national league and not Ligue 1 or Ligue 2. Agree what they are charging is ridiculous, but then I find DAZN a poor service and over priced

As for the bolder part I am saying they are starting with the semi professional / non league (UK) to make themselves visible as a football TV provider in the UK in the hope they will be able to show they offer a good service and maybe bid for packages in higher up divisions.
Apologies I read the release as the national league not the french Ligue. The french refer to semi pro football as the national league and Ligue 1 and 2 as Ligue 1 and 2. So mis understood. Then what they have bought is quite good but the price is still too much

As for the bolder part I am saying they are starting with the semi professional / non league (UK) to make themselves visible as a football TV provider in the UK in the hope they will be able to show they offer a good service and maybe bod for packages in higher up divisions.
The article I saw in Mide libre stated quie clearly that DAZN have bought the TV righrs fo all French Ligue ! games-Haven't seen any retraction for that yet. :Winking:

Apologies I read the release as the national league not the french Ligue. The french refer to semi pro football as the national league and Ligue 1 and 2 as Ligue 1 and 2. So mis understood. they have bought is quite good but the price is still too much especilly when you remember that French L1 teams generally play once a week rather than on Tues and Sats as in the NL.

Looking at their accounts and reviews, I would be wary about giving DAZN too much (any) of my hard-earned ££. In summary - they are majorly loss-making, not very good, and it can be hard to cancel.
I don't think they will be bidding for anything substantial, as they have no money - they are reliant on the goodwill of shareholders to keep pumping money in.
The statement about it is full of the usual marketing 'blah blah' so good effort there though.
Who knows though, I am wrong about most things.

Back