• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Bishop

I see Man U have signed another keeper, Bish needs some games under his belt so hopefully he’ll get them!

A mistake most of SZ backed as the right move.
I don't think the mistake was letting him have a crack when he earned it by keeping us up, the mistake was not replacing him once it became clear it was a fluke and having no-one lined up resulting in performing "financial gymnastics" for SC

Be interesting to know how highly and how much they rate Bishop at the moment, say when his season loan spell ends at Mansfield and they want to sign him on a permanent deal as to what the chances will be and how much it would cost ?

I would absolutely love to see Bishop make the grade at United as first choice. Sadly, as with so many other young british players signed from other clubs, it could end with a permanent transfer to a lower league club. Mind you, if that happens, then the Prem coaching and experience will be something to remember and set him up for a solid professional career.

I would absolutely love to see Bishop make the grade at United as first choice. Sadly, as with so many other young british players signed from other clubs, it could end with a permanent transfer to a lower league club. Mind you, if that happens, then the Prem coaching and experience will be something to remember and set him up for a solid professional career.
they took their time with Henderson didn't they? So could be looking for Bishop to follow a similar path and timeline

Bishop on the bench for Man U today at Derby County…..and Hutchinson on the bench for Derby!

Good to see

Attachments

• 0F6E76AD-2051-44A8-9317-87D6DDA00F16.jpeg
    0F6E76AD-2051-44A8-9317-87D6DDA00F16.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 15472D82-9F50-4050-B87A-1F526B8E9F87.jpeg
    15472D82-9F50-4050-B87A-1F526B8E9F87.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 58
they took their time with Henderson didn't they? So could be looking for Bishop to follow a similar path and timeline
When Henderson was Bishops age he was already playing Championship football and at 22 premier league football. Bishop was on loan to a league two club so completely different.

He won't make it in the Premiership but as someone said with that sort of coaching experience he will improve a lot

When Henderson was Bishops age he was already playing Championship football and at 22 premier league football. Bishop was on loan to a league two club so completely different.

He won't make it in the Premiership but as someone said with that sort of coaching experience he will improve a lot
might be they seem Bishop as a later developer. I don't see him as a Prem keeper, but I doubt they'd buy him just to move on to a lower level. could be, but seems slightly odd

might be they seem Bishop as a later developer. I don't see him as a Prem keeper, but I doubt they'd buy him just to move on to a lower level. could be, but seems slightly odd

Why not? They can buy him for peanuts and progress him in the hope that he makes the 1st team. If not then they can sell him either for a profit or not. The kind of loss they may make is also peanuts to them, but the chances are that, if it doesn't work out, they'll sell him to Championship club and make a bit of a profit. Frankly it's a gamble they can afford to take, and one that Bish would be mad not to take.

Why not? They can buy him for peanuts and progress him in the hope that he makes the 1st team. If not then they can sell him either for a profit or not. The kind of loss they may make is also peanuts to them, but the chances are that, if it doesn't work out, they'll sell him to Championship club and make a bit of a profit. Frankly it's a gamble they can afford to take, and one that Bish would be mad not to take.
just didn't think there would be the return if they sold him to a 2nd or 3rd tier club, but maybe there would be. depends what we got for him I suppose

just didn't think there would be the return if they sold him to a 2nd or 3rd tier club, but maybe there would be. depends what we got for him I suppose

I don't think they care about the return. To them it's a gamble they can afford to lose. If it happens to work out then all the better for them.

The fact that he's been with ManUre, however, will had a premium to any sales value.

Back