• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Bishop

Haven't Man Utd brought back Tom Heaton to be their 3rd/4th/5th choice goalkeeper?

Wonder where that puts Bishop now.

That's where I thought the Ox might turn up before Harrogate was mentioned. Their goalkeeping department was a bit shaky last season so Bish should be an improvement.

Er, aren't we being strongly linked with one of their keepers?

Spoke with a Mansfield supporting friend and when I said rumours they were in for Bishop he replied

“Better than Marek Stech that’s for sure”

Good move for him, although a little surprised as I thought the goal was to get him out on loan to a League 1 club. Still, I'm sure it will be great for his development.

Last edited:
Good move for him, although a little surprised as I thought the goal was to get him out on loan to a League 1 club. Still, I'm sure it will be great for his development.

Is this part of his development, or the beginning of the end of his Man U career? Given they renewed his contract not that long ago you'd have to say it's part of his development plan, but I would have expected better than L2 for that. L2 to suggests he hasn't really progressed since leaving us.

Is this part of his development, or the beginning of the end of his Man U career? Given they renewed his contract not that long ago you'd have to say it's part of his development plan, but I would have expected better than L2 for that. L2 to suggests he hasn't really progressed since leaving us.
I would imagine part of his development plan. Definitely a division lower than I thought they would send him, but I get the impression he's very highly thought of there.

Doesn't suggest that at all. He wasn't first choice keeper when we were a struggling L1 side.

It was a huge mistake for Bond to pick him over Oxley for the Lincoln away game after losing our first 2 league games that season.... Both keepers, Bond, the rest of the team and fans never recovered from that 4-0 defeat

Doesn't suggest that at all. He wasn't first choice keeper when we were a struggling L1 side.

It was a huge mistake for Bond to pick him over Oxley for the Lincoln away game after losing our first 2 league games that season.... Both keepers, Bond, the rest of the team and fans never recovered from that 4-0 defeat

It was a huge mistake for Bond to pick Shaughnessy for the Lincoln away game.

So they sign Bishop and also sign another keeper on loan, are they sort on keepers, did anyone else see this ?

Spoke to my Mansfield supporting mate about it, said he’s been brought in as back up. The goalkeeping coach knows him from Forest.

Back