• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mooney - Contract Terminated

Scenario is very different. Lopata was a target clubs higher in the pyramid currently. If Mooney had of been he'd of been off ages ago.

His effort in the last few games when coming on from what I've seen has been appalling. He simply refuses to track back which no player can justify. He let his team mates down.
Not sure he did much tracking back as a winger before we signed him. Defensive side never been there. He has never been a “midfielder” he’s a winger out and out. He will never be a wing back or central player. He will go somewhere, play on the wing and no doubt do well.

These things happen. I’m sure he would have gone to both parties benefit in the summer if it wasn’t for the embargo.

Have I missed something as to why people are suggesting this means the takeover is close?

Surely it’s just a case of freeing up a slot in the 16 by getting rid of an unwanted player?
Agreed I see this more as ‘ it’s clear the take over and embargo are not going to be cleared anytime soon, so we have bit the bullet and got rid so we can bring in 1 other to replace .

Agreed I see this more as ‘ it’s clear the take over and embargo are not going to be cleared anytime soon, so we have bit the bullet and got rid so we can bring in 1 other to replace .
The issue was around the rules (or rather random decisions) saying you could replace longer term injured players, but not players released and then replaced (being, I guess, regarded as normal transfer activity).

Otherwise this would have happened before surely? Of course, the “rules” may just have been changed again

I wonder what it looks like to other clubs being a player released from a club that only has 15 players.

For all the talent he may have... It can't look good.
Can only think that we've allowed one to leave because we're pretty sure we can get one in. Also would expect Mooney to sign with another club quickly too - back to Alty?

The issue was around the rules (or rather random decisions) saying you could replace longer term injured players, but not players released and then replaced (being, I guess, regarded as normal transfer activity).

Otherwise this would have happened before surely? Of course, the “rules” may just have been changed again
I imagine the pool of players willing to go from contract to non-contract with the promise that it'll all be sorted 'soon' is quite a hurdle too.

Hhmmm interesting. Any changes to player registrations/contracts need to be approved by nl under a transfer embargo. I doubt they'd give us permission to release DM and then bring in someone new - that would defeat the object of a transfer embargo!

So maybe the sale of the club is about to be completed.
Mybe in two and a half weeks its going to be christmas and still in the embargo Unless santa gets it lifted for us Pigs might fly if they had wings .

Surely this only happens if the takeover is happening?
Maybe, but it could also be because the takeover has been and still will be dragging so long, and Dan is getting more and more fed up waiting that they decided to call it quits.

Can only think that we've allowed one to leave because we're pretty sure we can get one in.

It may be less of a case of getting one in as retaining a player already here.

Kabongolo, Ralph/Demi, Martin and Vilhete are, it is believed, all registered as replacements for injured players.

When the player they replaced is fit again they would no longer be eligible. Rather than risk losing one of them when Miley/Lomas/Powell/Demi are fit again we may have taken the decision that we’d rather dispense with a high earner who wasn’t in our long term plans.

JD was already at the club. I suspect it might mean (A) one of the injured players is fit to return, (B) sale is about to complete and embargo lifted or (C) NL allowing a new face to join us. I'd have them in that likelihood as occuring I think.
JD players contract expired during the summer along with others including Ralph Bridge and Benton and so he was not allowed to play. Ralph and Bridge were allowed to be registered to take our squad up to 16. Demetriou and Benton were hanging around for the embargo to be lifted, Clifford left so JD registered and Benton couldn't wait any longer and joined Averley in the mean time with a view of coming back to Southend but the take over taking so long he went to Solihul. He signed on as a coach but to keep fit with a view to helping out on the pitch when needed.

Not up to the standard we need to win the league, not sorry to see him go and if his attitude was difficult then even happier about him leaving the squad.

Meanwhile, thankyou Dan for putting up with this ****show of a club for so long, not knowing if you'll get paid at times and all the other problems associated with an utterly despicable chairman.
It's the Rat's fault, like everything is.

Funny you say that, I've never seen a player be given such a chance by the fans. Even till recently fans would chant his name, despite the lack of quality provided or even more importantly the desire to prove himself.

I do believe there's a good player in there but sadly it was never going to be for us.
To answer your first sentence, I give you Drewe Broughton.

Back