• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mooney - Contract Terminated

Bearing in mind the qualities of our coaching team, I wonder why they weren't able to 'reach' him?
Had it been Brown or soulless MM, I might have understood.
But Kev and co are cut from different cloth, so he must have seriously been disaffected by being at a top club for the NL.

Good decision all round for all parties.Probably there is some talented player in him but for what ever reason he hardly showed it for us.His body language when he came on as a sub on Saturday clearly showed he wasn't a happy bunny.He will likely go to another club and excell but that's football sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

I do feel for Dan. When he joined, showed so much promise. He had plenty of shots but the more games and shots he had, the more he seemed to put himself under pressure and he just couldn’t get going.

He started to become visibly frustrated as did fans when he would try and put one in the top corner for the fourth time in a match and end up missing by skying it.

That disgusting cowardly challenge on him by Altrincham was the big change and he never recovered from that for me.

It didn’t work but I respect him for being a part of this super squad and still giving it a go even though things were not right for him.

Good luck to him and I’m excited to see what happens next!

I wish him all the best wherever he ends up. Under different circimstances he probably would have left in the Summer. As one of the Super 16, he has tried his best, but it hasnt been working. So best all round he moves on. I dont think we can read anything in to this, other than its a footballing decision and there is a possible replacement incoming.

So the paper thin squad is now a tissue one How long before King Kevin says enough is enough

Bearing in mind the qualities of our coaching team, I wonder why they weren't able to 'reach' him?
Had it been Brown or soulless MM, I might have understood.
But Kev and co are cut from different cloth, so he must have seriously been disaffected by being at a top club for the NL.
Kevin Maher is no Mother Teresa, if you're not pulling your weight or working for the team, I imagine he's extremely cut throat and will simply turn his attention to players who deserve it

I'm not saying Dan did those things, but there is only so much you can help a player when it's not working

Hhmmm interesting. Any changes to player registrations/contracts need to be approved by nl under a transfer embargo. I doubt they'd give us permission to release DM and then bring in someone new - that would defeat the object of a transfer embargo!

So maybe the sale of the club is about to be completed.

I’ve got a lot of time and respect for every squad player we’ve had during these tumultuous times… but this is good news.

Didn’t work out for him here & he didn’t want to be here. Outbursts and unprofessionalism can’t and won’t be tolerated under this leadership, which we should all welcome.
Unless you're referring to something behind the scenes, what outburst do you mean? Don't recall seeing many interviews with him to be honest!

It's a shame but you could tell he just did not want to be here.. He showed glimpses of talent but they were few and far between and he was a danger to low flying aeroplanes at times. Saying that i wish him good luck for the future.

I would imagine we have been cleared by the league for a 1 out and 1 in approach.

Good luck to him. It never worked out for him and I'd expect to see him sign for someone closer to his home up north.

Expect an incoming player before Saturday

There is a quality player in there. Didn't he get practically assaulted by his ex team mates last year which began a long spell on the sidelines for him? When you're stuck a long way from home, that was probably quite hard for him and it took him a while to get back to fitness.

I always liked him, he had some very good moments for us and enjoyed the goals he scored. I don't understand why people are saying "good riddance", sometimes things just don't work out, and this is one of them.

I wish him well.

Credit to him for sticking around when he could have easily packed it in like Lopata did but his lack of effort towards the end did really start to grate. Best for both parties to move on now

Back