• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thought Torres was a little unlucky to be honest, G-man had lost control of the ball after all. However, in this day and age seems you just can't go in two footed. Was a fantastic free kick for the Swans' consolation goal though.

Great to see the G-Man on MOTD. Looked like he had a good game too. Was involved in everything positive Swansea produced and obviously got a great assist for the consolation goal. Probably is the ex-shrimper I miss the most. I remember a winner against Darlington/Doncaster where we were 2-0 down at home at half time and came back to win 3-2. And his goal against Brighton at home was class too. Although maybe the Brighton defending wasn't the best as I remember Clarkey and Barrett combining quite brilliantly on the edge of the box for a great goal in the same game.

Last edited:
Looks like he had a great game for the swans v wolves yesterday. Seemed to be at the heart of everything they did. Well done g-man!!

Looks like he had a great game for the swans v wolves yesterday. Seemed to be at the heart of everything they did. Well done g-man!!

Just watching 'Goals on Sunday' on sky. Chris Kamara was drooling over Gowers display. Shows how clueless the few people who didnt rate him here are.

Just watching 'Goals on Sunday' on sky. Chris Kamara was drooling over Gowers display. Shows how clueless the few people who didnt rate him here are.

As Kamara is the biggest tool on any TV football programme, i tend not to take any notice of what he drools over! The fact was Gower was either excellent for us or he was just bone idle/lazy and anonymous. The latter is not acceptable in my books!

The last thing Gower ever was was anonymous. If anything that was his only problem. Even when he had the odd bad game and was getting ridiculous abuse from the stands he'd never hide. He'd always want the ball and his teammates would always look to give it to him. I switched over to the Swansea game on Saturday and the first four times Swansea had posession the first thing any of their players did was give it to Gower so clearly their players must appreciate him as much as ours clearly did.

I wouldn't call him lazy either. I'm pretty sure that Gower slipped a disc in his back in his first year at Southend. It's amazing he could get around the pitch as well as he did after that.

Gower was pure class from his first game to his last. You cant ever accuse him of not wanting the ball. His record speak for itself and he was one of only a few players to really step up in the Champioship. Truely think he is a great talent.

Frankly, ever since his wonder goal at Bristol Rovers in the first leg of the LDV Southern Area final back in '04, Mark Gower has been beyond reproach in my eyes.

Anyone (e.g. fasto) who disagrees is, frankly, certifiable.

Yep that was one of my favourite ever goals, remember the surge of our fans down to the front to celebrate with the players. Was bloomin cold that night but the pasties were great!

Would love it if we could get to the 3rd round of FA Cup and draw Swansea at home, give Marky G a rousing reception. Perhaps Fatso could present him with a token of our appreciation..

Seen this stat on twitter about Mr Gower: 'Of all players in the top 5 euro leagues to have 6+ apps in 2011; Swansea's Mark Gower has the best chance created per game average (3.8).' with another twitter user saying: 'That's right, Mark Gower - on average - creates more chances than Lionel Messi.'

Gower creates more chances than Messi - now that is a sentence I didn't think I'd ever write. What a total legend he is

Back