• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Down in Wales for the bank hol weekend so thought Id call in the Liberty to see how Mark is getting on. Decent stadium, halfway line and £20 a ticket, which for a champ game was a bit of a bargain. I mist have been a good luck omen for Mark as he turned in a man of the match performance for me. Even a biased shrimper like me gave it to the winger Nathan Dyer, but the tannoy announced Gower and the fans loved it. Rodgers as suggested by earlier posts is now playing just in fron of the back four and was spraying balls all over the place. Tracked back on stuck his body in frontof everything. Seems to have really settled down here now and after this performance I can see Swansea doing really well this season under Rodgers.

He did get outpaced the other night by Brendan Rogers on their little run down the touchline when they scored their third. I know he was never quick, but getting outpaced by your manager must have led to some major banter!

Great player Mark Gower one we really miss,he could produce bit magic out of nowhere too win a game.I still remember that great goal he scored at Bristol Rovers in Leyland daf area final

I am sure Gower would be happy to have at least 15 start & many app. as subs, so he can say to his future grandchilds that he had played in the Premiership!

i love old gower, unfortunately i can see him playing much in the premier league tho but i wish him luck :) one day before he retires i would love him back at southend for a season because he has that extra touch of class allowing him to create and score magnificent goals.

If Alex Baptiste can play in the Prem League, then so can Gower.

In fact, the way they are touting round Gary Taylor-Fletcher as being a 'premiership striker' and wanting a move to stay in the top division, then I think there must be hope for most players in the other 3 divisions!!

Twas great to see the G-Man get promoted, hope Swansea keep him & he gets to play next season. Richly deserved.

#ldnfatsostillwrong

If Alex Baptiste can play in the Prem League, then so can Gower.

In fact, the way they are touting round Gary Taylor-Fletcher as being a 'premiership striker' and wanting a move to stay in the top division, then I think there must be hope for most players in the other 3 divisions!!

ha ha ha funny stuff, taylor-fletcher wants back into the prem, he is proper pooooooooooooop.

He won't play much next year in the Premiership! His legs have gone and he's getting old, he said so himself!

Back