• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macron confirmed as kit supplier for the next 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea who Tommy is and why he should "keep spoiling things" (which implies this is not the first time he's "spoiled" something).

I'm sure the marketing team at both C2C and the club are annoyed that these leaked pictures have got into the public domain, but they really should have been a bit more careful to keep it under wraps if they didn't want it getting out. It appears they've just gone to a railway station in Southend during operational hours - in this age where everyone has a camera on their phones and access to a social media account, it was pretty inevitable it would get leaked.

I'm afraid I have little sympathy if they failed to assess and manage the risks properly.
Not just the marketing team either...

Shrimpergonzo i dont know you and you dont know me If you dont like what i say Dont bloody read it .Like you i am entitled to have a say as you do .If this site has become a closed shop I will stay off it .I cant be doing with being told what i can or cant say .By the way i do like the home shirt if that is what it turns out to be .Sorry maybe i should not have said that i might have spoilt something .

Historically up to 1934 Southend (and most clubs) wore black & white stripes as their away kit if required. In 1934 Southend appointed David Jack as manager and one of his first actions was to use an "Arsenal" red shirt. for away change. He also tried to bring in several Arsenal type changes hoping to get some reflective success, unfortunately it failed. Southend finished bottom but one and had to apply for re-election.

That home shirt is horrendous. It would have been better with white stripes like the early 60s. After all, we are blue and white, not blue and yellow. It was only because of Vic Jobson promoting Laing Builders, that he was affiliated to, that yellow came into it, as they were all about yellow.
Macron, we are blue and white. In the 70s, we even had 2 songs about blue and white, sung in the North Bank.
It could have been this. Much better.
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southend_United/images/southend_united_1962-1963-2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back