• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

6-0 here now, another one from Hopper. Phil makes one final change for Swindon, and he's opted for a more defensive formation, taking off their "top top" striker and is bringing on "Betty" the 92 year old tea lady... she normally plays as a defensive central midfielder, but Phil has opted to play her wide down the wing.

Just my luck... Can I get a 0-0 game next time please, my fingers are hurting.

Full-Time Round-Up :

Wigan 1-0 Rochdale
Bury 0-1 Gillingham
Doncaster 0-1 Blackpool
Crewe 0-1 Bradford
Oldham 1-0 Chesterfield
Port Vale 0-1 Barnsley
Scunthorpe 6-0 Swindon

Not sure those results could have gone any worse.

6 out of 7 matches finishing 1-0 there.

6-0 here now, another one from Hopper. Phil makes one final change for Swindon, and he's opted for a more defensive formation, taking off their "top top" striker and is bringing on "Betty" the 92 year old tea lady... she normally plays as a defensive central midfielder, but Phil has opted to play her wide down the wing.

Just my luck... Can I get a 0-0 game next time please, my fingers are hurting.

Quality! :smile:

I hear Brown has locked the Swindon players in the dressing room, including the tea-lady! :omg:

Thank you for the updates there, Matti

Are you free for tonight's match? :winking:

Its that Scunthorpe result that really hurt us, we could have climbed up 2 places even if they won 1-0 today & we got a draw with Sheffield, now the best we can do is climb up one place leap frogging Port Vale on goal difference if we hold off for a draw.

Started the day being 6 points off the play off's now currently 7 points behind... We could be 9 points behind if Millwall beat Burton later tonight. So obviously im hoping Burton do the business against them tonight, to keep what little slim chance we have left.

On the plus side, Col Ewe started the day 8 points from safety & are now 10 points from safety :smile:
With both fellow relegation battlers Fleetwood & Oldham having a game in hand over them.

Last edited:
Hahaha!! Anyone just see the Burton keeper take his defender out as the Millwall forward scored?! :hilarious:

We could be 9 points behind if Millwall beat Burton later tonight. So obviously im hoping Burton do the business against them tonight, to keep what little slim chance we have left.

9 points it is, and too much to claw back with only a few games to go. So lets concentrate on what's needed next season. Whose staying & going, and no more talk on making this seasons play-offs, which if we're totally honest, overall it would have been a step too far too soon?.

Well that could'nt have rounded off a "results" day much worse, could it.

Perhaps its the curse of Sky? didnt Burton also play badly the other day also when they were on sky? I think it was 0-0 with Oldham? might be wrong? Looks like the wheels are slowly falling off the Burton Wagon, and all of a sudden Walsall have everything to play for again, should they win their 2 games in hand they will only be a single point (with a better goal difference) away from the league leaders and what with Burton having a bit of a tricky run in...namely against Scunthorpe (10th) / Barnsley (7th) / Gillingham (4th) and a big 6 pointer against 2nd placed Wigan.

As many others have said before, it almost seems no one wants to win promotion from the league this season. At least we are not alone in terms of inconsistancy, it seems to be thoughout most of the teams in the league. (except Col Ewe and Crewe).

Oooh well, 3 points is a must now on Wednesday, (and I know im scraping the barrell a bit here!!)....but I can only hope that the inbreds can hold Coventry to a draw tomorrow night, so we can move up 5 places & back up to 8th with a victory.

9 points it is, and too much to claw back with only a few games to go. So lets concentrate on what's needed next season. Whose staying & going, and no more talk on making this seasons play-offs, which if we're totally honest, overall it would have been a step too far too soon?.

Completely agree, I think if we did go up we would most likely have an (R) next to our team this time next easter if we did. We should build on what have & what we need for next season.

I was'nt suggesting in complete honesty we could do it (although highly unlikely, but still mathematically possible).. I guess my post was more wishing to see us sitting between 8th - 10th again in the league, where to be fair, we have been hovering for some of the season lately.
After all, it's so much more pleasing on the eye, when you look at the league tables in the paper in the morning during the train commute to work or over a bowl of cornflakes at breakfast etc.

UTB

Well bugger me backwards with a bog-brush!!... Col Ewe beat Coventry and kept a clean sheet!!

"It's a funny old game"

Col U making another late great escape run? Means a win for either SUFC tomorrow will lift them up to 8th and just about still in the play-off hunt, a defeat or a draw and its summer holiday time for one or both clubs.

:angry: That's my prediction league gone up the swanny. Bloody inbreds. :angry:

Hahahahahah!................felt that Ewes would get something from this game but went along with the majority ................................until the last minute, when I had the courage of my convictions and changed my prediction to an away win. :smile:

Who do we think's gonna suffer the drop this year? Feel it's a bit too late for Col Ewe but you never know... especially the way this season is going.

I'm going for Crewe, Col Ewe, Doncaster, Blackpool

Who do we think's gonna suffer the drop this year? Feel it's a bit too late for Col Ewe but you never know... especially the way this season is going.

I'm going for Crewe, Col Ewe, Doncaster, Blackpool

Crewe, Colchester, Doncaster and Fleetwood for me. Blackpool and Oldham are showing some fight and I can see them getting out of it.

It's been a long hard road, but AFC Wimbledon are now officially above MK Dons in the League! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back