• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not a bunch of terrible results today.

Bradford and Barnsley won, but everyone around us either drew or lost.

Col Ewe keep a clean sheet and still can't win! :blush:

Yep, we've been fortunate to be in eighth position tonight, and Coventry's defeat is helpful so only two points off the play-offs. I note that Crewe Alex also lost at home - we need to ensure three points on Tuesday night.

Indeed.

Two wins at home and suddenly the picture could look a lot different by this time next week.:thumbsup:

Things could be so much worse,col ewe broke a club record today of nineteen league games without a win.does anyone know what our worst run has been,sure its nowhere as bad as that

We've got 2 winnable home games coming up, and if we can get a bit of consistency away from home then we have got a chance. We're only 2 points off play-offs going into March.

Bradford City beating Burton 2-0 and Coventry losing again!

Meanwhile, the floodlight failures are 7-1 down at Chester! :smile:

Seeing that Burton lost last night 2.0 to Bradford. They have exactly the same record over the last 10 games ie won 4 lost 4 drawn 2 as the Shrimpers, and yet still top of the league .My outsiders are Barnsley to get automatic promotion unless a miracle happens in South Yorkshire this weekend.

Seeing that Burton lost last night 2.0 to Bradford. They have exactly the same record over the last 10 games ie won 4 lost 4 drawn 2 as the Shrimpers, and yet still top of the league .My outsiders are Barnsley to get automatic promotion unless a miracle happens in South Yorkshire this weekend.

That's the great thing about our club. Just when you think Barnsley could be a bit painful, they will go there and win. I wouldn't bet against it.

Bradford City beating Burton 2-0 and Coventry losing again!

Meanwhile, the floodlight failures are 7-1 down at Chester! :smile:

lets hope Coventry dont have a mrsblue or all their message boards will be pandemonium.

Right, so on to this afternoon's important games.

With us being six points behind the play-offs and a nailed on home win coming up on Wednesday, let's take a jeweller's eyepiece to today's games :-

Playing now : Wigan v Rochdale - Nothing but a home win will do. Currently 0-0, but Wigan's 85 billion pound budget will be too strong for the likes of Rochdale and they'll romp home with a 3-0 win.

3:00pm : - Crewe v Bradford - It's about time the Railwaymen came out of the sidings and went full steam ahead, calling only at Bradford to collect three points. I'm going for a 1-0 home win.

3:00pm - Port Vale v Barnsley - Despite Barnsley having only lost one game since the middle of June, the Vale's tremendous home form will see them take the points with a 2-1 win

3:00pm - Scunthorpe v Swindon - Though both are behind us in the table, it will be all to play for in front of a capacity crowd at the Old Show Ground. I'm predicting a 0-0 draw.

3:00pm - Oldham v Chesterfield - The first of a couple of basement battles sees plucky Oldham take on Chesterfield. A thrilling 3-3 draw to enjoy here.

3:00pm - Doncaster v Blackpool - To say these two teams would struggle to give Boreham Wood a game at the moment is an understatement. Doncaster haven't won since they beat us, but it's time for some good fortune for them, so a 2-0 home win

3:00pm - Bury v Gillingham - A short trip up the motorway for the Gills and their travelling army of fans will see them take the spoils with a 1-0 win, courtesy of an overhead kick by Ade Akinbiyi

7:45pm : - Millwall v Burton - The big one. A 1-0 away win here, as well, celebrated by 27 away fans at the final whistle.

So there we have it and of course, it'll be a good day for Col Ewe, as they will avoid defeat, as well.

No goals in the first half at the DW, but a sending off for Rochdale.

Ian Henderson receiving his marching orders for violent conduct.

Hopefully there will be some more surprises in store today as per the other recent results, with the exception of the Bradford win with Millwall on Saturday that didnt help our cause for that last play off place (all though it is a long shot).

Im hoping for some unlikely wins today, namely Crewe beating bradford & Bury beating Gillingham.
Also Swindon beating Scunthorpe (so they dont leap-frog us).

And for those wanting to compound the misery on Col Ewe, Blackpool to beat Doncaster and Oldham to beat Chesterfield.

I have just seen that Wigan have just gone 1-0 up... 1st piece of good luck (so far).

Early goal at Port Vale.

Let's go over to our reporter there :

"Well it's gone to Barnsley. Straight from a free-kick. 1-0 to the visitors"

Scunthorpe currently leading against Swindon, Blues now currently down to 13th :thumbdown:

C'mon you Robins!.... definately the 1st time those words have been uttered from my mouth.

Back