• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

So was the breach of contract the late payment of Jan wages or some other contractual issue? Important to know as if the former it probably means other players can walk as well (it was rumoured more than 1 had put in a intention to terminate contract request)? Whereas the latter may indicate some unique circumstances for KL.

And whilst I think Ron is the major culprit here, KL is not totally blameless. RM has created the conditions that has allowed KL to walk, but KL has chosen to take that path. Be interesting to see where he ends up next.
He should done it after the match or on Thursday, not on the eve of the match, which cost us an result, I blame him for that.

What I can't get my head around is why not just pay Lopata his wages. I understand it could cause unrest with the other players but it would stop this potential action.

Isn't that what happened in the Molesey era which Stevie Humphreys alluded to recently? We also had the number of home games in succession so what happened to that money? And why haven't the office staff received all their back pay?

We deserve answers

So was the breach of contract the late payment of Jan wages or some other contractual issue? Important to know as if the former it probably means other players can walk as well (it was rumoured more than 1 had put in a intention to terminate contract request)? Whereas the latter may indicate some unique circumstances for KL.

And whilst I think Ron is the major culprit here, KL is not totally blameless. RM has created the conditions that has allowed KL to walk, but KL has chosen to take that path. Be interesting to see where he ends up next.
why is KL “not totally blameless” unless he chose not to be paid, have another breach from his employer, etc?

The only possible thing that could be looked down on is the timing.

But playing devils advocate here - and knowing the timing of serving notices etc, we are talking a day either way, it could be that he wanted to play one last match and see everyone. If the rumours of a dressing room bust up are true (I heard him being told where to go), then maybe not playing and withdrawing an hour before wasn’t his choice. I don’t know, and I imagine there are only 20 odd people who do know.

And even if that’s the case, KM isn’t to blame and nor is KL. If I was a football manager and someone wasn’t “in”, they’d be out. Neither were the cause of the alleged breach of contract which resulted in the contract being null and void.

Regardless of the situation it all seems a bit of a shabby way of going about things really.

My only thought is that we seem to have missed him far less than we have missed a decent striker.
Hmmm...there were three occasions last night when Barnet were clean through.
If Kensdale and Hobbo are not at their best - they weren't - we tend to struggle on occasion.

why is KL “not totally blameless” unless he chose not to be paid, have another breach from his employer, etc?

The only possible thing that could be looked down on is the timing.

But playing devils advocate here - and knowing the timing of serving notices etc, we are talking a day either way, it could be that he wanted to play one last match and see everyone. If the rumours of a dressing room bust up are true (I heard him being told where to go), then maybe not playing and withdrawing an hour before wasn’t his choice. I don’t know, and I imagine there are only 20 odd people who do know.

And even if that’s the case, KM isn’t to blame and nor is KL. If I was a football manager and someone wasn’t “in”, they’d be out. Neither were the cause of the alleged breach of contract which resulted in the contract being null and void.
As I said he's made choices, so whilst I think Ron is the vast majority of the cause for KL no longer being a southend player, I think there's a small part that is down to KL to choose the route out of the club that he has. But I'll also add I'm not on anyway in full possession of the facts - there's a number of questions I've posted on here that haven't been answered that can sway my opinion

I don’t understand if the original bone of contention is the non payment of agents fee and signing on fee why legal action wasn’t taken on this rather than the non payment of wages issue which is months later. Were these original wedges of money contractual obligations or some kind of off the books ‘bung’ ? A promise that wasn’t kept ? Lopatas head has seemed elsewhere for a while so maybe his domestic circumstances have changed. We’ve no right to know the ins and outs of this saga but it would be nice to get some clarity.

well i feel sorry for the boy .....

his agent is clearly a horror story -

WTF would you leave Sheffield United to play national League - ??
(unless your agent is getting a fee)

and of course checking his Linked IN Arfan does property deals Hhahahhahahahaha..

View attachment 25234

poor Kacper letting this guy near your career
He looks like the sort of bloke who would hire a Bentley for the day to get photos for his social media accounts.

As I said he's made choices, so whilst I think Ron is the vast majority of the cause for KL no longer being a southend player, I think there's a small part that is down to KL to choose the route out of the club that he has. But I'll also add I'm not on anyway in full possession of the facts - there's a number of questions I've posted on here that haven't been answered that can sway my opinion
If your employer was on the news locally and sometimes nationally about being broke, you hadn’t been paid for a couple of months, was about to be closed by HMRC until a last minute announcement that it had been paid, but your mates in the office still haven’t been… etc - would you as an employee feel like you could be “blamed” if your contract said you could hand in a months notice, and you did it to make sure you can feed your family?

Again, just playing devils advocate here.

Remove the badge and the words “football club” from the situation and we have a pretty clear position IMO. Not nice for us fans, but not one to blame the players for.

Gutted he's gone, but I guess it was almost inevitable that at least one of the players was going to do this. They didn't get paid for weeks, but they kept going, I know I wouldn't work if I didn't get paid. I don't blame Lopata, and I know some are probably unhappy that he waited to get paid before leaving. I don't, that makes sense. He wasn't going to go before he got paid what he was owed. I think him going now speaks volumes. He was clearly worried that not being paid could absolutely happen again. There is no financial stability in playing for a football club who may or may not pay you. Unfortunately, I fear that other players may follow.

I can't help but feel we are judging Looata harshly.

Maybe it was his boyhood dream to be unemployed?
I struggle to see why he didn’t have a boyhood dream of playing football without payment at Roots Hall when he could be paid elsewhere. Selfish, if you ask me.

well i feel sorry for the boy .....

his agent is clearly a horror story -

WTF would you leave Sheffield United to play national League - ??
(unless your agent is getting a fee)

and of course checking his Linked IN Arfan does property deals Hhahahhahahahaha..

View attachment 25234

poor Kacper letting this guy near your career
I do like the subtle and understated look he's going for, though.

I don’t buy for a second that Lopata has made this decision for “himself and his family.” The fact that his agent is owed money is clearly a huge factor here and I’d imagine he’s the one that’s pushed this. Unless Lopata goes to Wrexham or Notts County, walks into their team and gets promoted, his career doesn’t actually benefit from doing this now. He may as well stay here until the summer and then engineer a move then. It’d be very different if this happened in January.

But hey, Lomas deserves his chance now and let’s not forget that the majority of us were very excited about his signing in the summer. That centre back three is still easily one of the best in the league. We move on.

Yeah nowhere near the player he was last season as we have pretty much had the best defensive record for the whole season albeit with terrible goalkeepers 😂😂😂😂
Laugh all you like, I didn’t say he wasn’t a good player, but others in the defence have been better, namely Hobson and Kensdale. As a collective they have all done well, just don’t think he has looked as good as he did last season. But that’s just my opinion

There is clearly more to this than meets the eye. First and foremost had there been no breach of contract then he would not be able to terminate. That’s on Ron.

Second if it’s based on what we know about the wages situation then either the FIFA rules aren’t applying for some reason at this level or there maybe are other monies owed to Lopata/ his agent. Tbh when I hear mention of 28 days, 14 day rule then I am beginning to doubt the FIFA rules do apply.

Whilst this league has become more and more professional, and the standard increased substantially, maybe it’s retained a different way of doing things. Certainly in many ways it’s still “amateur”.

One thing for sure no one has managed to find any FA specific league rules on this situation, which kind of make you think the FIFA rules should apply. Anyway if you pay people on time you wouldn’t have a problem.

I heard the different rumours last night and don’t know what is true and isn’t. More may come out. He is now an ex player and we follow his progress in the way we do others. Thanks and good luck in your future career.

From last nights game if we are looking for someone who potentially will command more of a fee than Lopata then look no further than a certain 17 year old forward. I also think Kensdale is at this moment in time showing more potential, and could turn out to be a better prospect- he is far better on the ball.

The thing is Lopata's re-call last season augured a bad spell, which cost us any chance of the play-offs.
So, how many of ours are now thinking like him?
It doesn't seem to matter what small successes we reap, there is always SOMETHING just, just, around the next corner to ruin the mini harvest.
An injury (or five!); an embargo; a winding-up order; a ground not fit for purpose, it's relentless and sapping.
The last two plus years have been the worst, and I include the Anton Johnson era, in the 61 years I've supported the club.

If your employer was on the news locally and sometimes nationally about being broke, you hadn’t been paid for a couple of months, was about to be closed by HMRC until a last minute announcement that it had been paid, but your mates in the office still haven’t been… etc - would you as an employee feel like you could be “blamed” if your contract said you could hand in a months notice, and you did it to make sure you can feed your family?

Again, just playing devils advocate here.

Remove the badge and the words “football club” from the situation and we have a pretty clear position IMO. Not nice for us fans, but not one to blame the players for.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and i don't get why anyone can blame lopata. The lad wasn't if he'd ever get paid again or even have a club to play gir after the 1st. Quite frankly I'm amazed that more of them jumped ship. I would have

He has been getting paid but late. Presumably he’s not getting paid at all now ? Be interesting to see where he reappears and assume this is already set up.

Back