• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

Maybe to your second point. Re the first nowhere in the FIFA regulations are there mentions of 28 days or 14 day rules. Which makes you wonder if the NL has never signed up to rules that would apply at EFL/Prem level. I don’t know but hence my mention of maintain rules days where much of the league was semi professional?
Someone posted FIFA Regulation 12bis recently concerning overdue payables, which was dismissed as it wasn’t considered to be the issue at hand:
107372C6-638B-4214-88A2-BDCAE2066E99.jpeg

I appreciate the time periods in that regulation are different to those that have been outlined (this may be because of the reference to sanctions), but the key aspect of the above is reference to terms outlined in the contract.

FA Rules C99-112 then outline the process when such terms have been breached and there may be need for a tribunal (again, no reference to the timescales to trigger this, but this would be outlined in the player’s contract): https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...ual-sections/10-rules-of-the-association.ashx

Don't doubt there's a good chance he'll go there in the summer, Gills have been sniffing around him all season. Fact remains though that if he signs for them now, he consigns himself to not being able to be registered until the summer.

Pre-contract at Gills or another EFL club and short-term deal with a VNL club until the summer might be his way forward. He wants to be down south so I can't see him signing long-term deals at Wrexham or Notts but money talks so you never know.
If Wrexham & notts county gain promotion there will be plenty on money floating around in league 2 next season just depends on who’s paying the big ( back handers) signing on fee so expect a few brown envelopes passing under tables in service stations

RM actions provided the foundation for this departure to happen, the desire to profit from it, especially if fees are still outstanding, will be the Agent and KL acts on his Agents advice because that is what he pays him for. As for KL you could question his passion to play football for football sake. I believe in an interview he said as much, it's something he is good at and a way to make money while he is young enough to play. He is not the kid with the passion for the game burning in his heart, no doubt he has a commitment to be the best he can and a work ethic to achieve but his approach to the game is pragmatic, that is why he handled not getting any game time at Sheffield a necessary course of action to get what his Agent/ he wanted. It would appear that the dressing room atmosphere this season has taken a Band of Brothers mantle to things on and off the pitch not sure just how invested KL was in that approach. I wish the lad luck and hope he achieves what he wants to achieve from his footballing career.

You can’t blame him for leaving, the majority of people on here would be looking for another job if they were not being paid for several weeks after payment was due. We are fortunate he has been the only one to leave so far and we do have adequate cover in defence at the moment.

Ultimately we renege on so many arrangements with players, agents, clubs and suppliers which gives our club a terrible reputation. I was speaking to someone at the game last night who was told by one of the directors at A.F.C. Wimbledon that Cosgrave’s loan arrangement came to an end due to unpaid contributions towards his wages from us. Suffice to say A.F.C. Wimbledon won’t be doing business with us again anytime soon.

Until Ron goes these issues will inevitably continue, his departure from our club needs to be expedited as soon as possible.

Do you think he'd leave without having somewhere else to go? Potential move abroad if he can't sign in UK until summer?

I know Ron don’t give a s**t about anyone but do you think even he is thinking I’ve pushed it too far with KL now leaving. He challenged the players to take legal action and try and leave and now one has! Surely he can’t be sitting in his grand mansion not caring that KL has left due to his terrible ownership.
I think this whole episode shows he doesn't give a tinkers cuss for what's going on. For clarity, I'm NOT defending him and am not a Ron fanboy. But it's his club and he stands to make many millions from the development. For years our fortunes have been intertwined but not so much for the last 3 or 4 seasons and he has now well and truly nailed his colours to the mast. He is out for Ron, Ron, Ron and Ron's family, in that order. We probably come a little way further down the line but he still does need us as we are the reason he will make millions. This is an important point.

I don't want to get shot down and abused just because I'm fairly pragmatic and don't get all aeriated about the situation. Some will see that as apathy, but I would prefer to pick my battles. But what happened last week was entirely predictable. As unpopular as it may sound, I doubt any protest made any difference to whether the taxman was paid or not. He is NOT going to let this dream of his go.

I'm actually even beginning to doubt that he will eventually sell the club. Ever.

If he dies or gets ill his son will almost certainly take over. Whilst he is in charge, it will still be in his interests to have a football club as the stadium will be his legacy and his ego is such that he won't want that diminished, so I'm personally not worried that he will just let us fold. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't allow us to stay at FF on the same basis as now, i.e. rent charged but never collected, or he may even donate the stadium to the club.

So here's the thing; I doubt this football white paper will be through any time soon and by the time the interest gets as far down as us, it may well be that Ron will be a multi millionaire and will probably tick the boxes to pass the "fit and proper" test. Any legislation probably won't be retrospective, so he may not be able to be removed either.

And whilst it is incredibly unfashionable to give him any credit whatsoever for anything, he is the person who brought Lopata here in the first place when we all thought it was impossible. So his actions have now forced KL out of the club and has meant a saleable asset has gone. That will actually financially affect him as those sale proceeds would be otherwise used to help the club finances, the annual shortfall of which he is having to meet in one way or another.

It's this that makes me think he doesn't care to be honest... he is even shafting himself in the pursuit of riches. And I honestly do get why it's necessary to apply pressure in the media to try and get him out; I just don't think he cares enough for it to make a difference. Every property developer I've ever encountered has skin thicker than a Rhino's hide.

I take no joy in considering this scenario, but I do honestly think we are stuck with him, certainly for the foreseeable.

Last edited:
Someone posted FIFA Regulation 12bis recently concerning overdue payables, which was dismissed as it wasn’t considered to be the issue at hand:
View attachment 25239

I appreciate the time periods in that regulation are different to those that have been outlined (this may be because of the reference to sanctions), but the key aspect of the above is reference to terms outlined in the contract.

FA Rules C99-112 then outline the process when such terms have been breached and there may be need for a tribunal (again, no reference to the timescales to trigger this, but this would be outlined in the player’s contract): https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...ual-sections/10-rules-of-the-association.ashx
This was covered in the other thread. 12ibs neither supersedes nor sits in conflict with 14ibs. They are discreet.
14ibs deals with breach of players contracts.
12ibs is not about what constitutes a breach of players contracts or indeed implications for that contract or remedies between player and club. It about the sanctions more generally that apply to the club for non-payment of football debts (of which non payment of players is one)

Last edited:
View attachment 25239

I appreciate the time periods in that regulation are different to those that have been outlined (this may be because of the referenceto sanctions), but the key aspect of the above is reference to terms outlined in the contract.

The interesting bit here is section vii in the link. Unfortunately it doesn’t lay out any timeframes as you say and just references breach as per the terms of the players contracts. It then says this applies to the top 5 divisions. Doesn’t say if the actual contract terms are different in our league verses the EFL/Prem. We also don’t know if for example in the Prem/NL standard contracts reference the FIFA regulations and at our level they don’t. So as said before the FA regs tell us next to nothing useful as it just references the terms of the player contract (I suspect they are different and hence why it is so vague- but we don’t know..). Would be nice if someone knew the answer but this far no-one does

This was covered in the other thread. 12ibs neither supersedes nor sits in conflict with 14ibs. They are discreet.
14ibs deals with breach of players contracts.
12ibs is not about what constitutes a breach of players contracts or indeed implications for that contract or remedies between player and club. It about the sanctions more generally apply to the club for non-payment of football debts.
I’m not suggesting the two regulations are in conflict.

14bis deals with terminating a contract with just cause due to “outstanding salaries” specifically, not a breach of player contracts in general, I believe.

If, as suggested by some posters, the breach relates to outstanding payments due as part of Łopata’s transfer, then 12bis (1) would, I suggest, apply.

However, we’re essentially fumbling around in the dark here because we don’t the full details of the situation and we’re trying to piece together what we do know with the regulations we’re aware of.

Sorry but i read he was on the team sheet .No player who ever .And no matter how good he thinks he is .You do not turn up on match night throw a paddy The storm of probable leaving the rest of the match day squd bemused as to what the hell is going on .Like him or not it is totaly wrong .If you plan to leave tthen dont turn up on a match night .Talk to the manager tell him you are leaving either at the training ground or in his office .
That why I was angry at Lopata for what he did, it’s really unsettled the team on the pitch.

I’m not suggesting the two regulations are in conflict.

14bis deals with terminating a contract with just cause due to “outstanding salaries” specifically, not a breach of player contracts in general, I believe.

If, as suggested by some posters, the breach relates to outstanding payments due as part of Łopata’s transfer, then 12bis (1) would, I suggest, apply.

However, we’re essentially fumbling around in the dark here because we don’t the full details of the situation and we’re trying to piece together what we do know with the regulations we’re aware of.
No but if other payments due under the playing contract were not paid then that could be an additional material breach under 14ibs or a related clause. It won’t be just salaries but other payments due I would have thought.

But I understand the point you are making in that a breach of 12ibs is potentially a second material breach relating to his contract

I think that says a lot about him.

It’s not the coaching staff, players, support staff or fans fault that Ron breached his contract.

This wreaks of greedy agent and a player easily swayed.

If I’m honest, I liked Lopata but I don’t think we will miss him. I’d have been more disappointed if we lost Hobson or Kensdale. The only frustrating and gutting thing is Lopata had resale value and that has now completely gone.

I wish him all the best, but he has gone down in my estimations on how he’s handled it.
Not being funny Ricey but if Ron payed the players on time he would not of left

You don't know that, this seems to me more about the non payment of his agent...

Incidentally, Kacper has change his profile pics on his SM to ones away from both us and Sheffield.
He could pay his agent on time whatever the situation is the buck stops with Ron

Back