• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Still

If we kept Fonguck and Powell we wouldn't have needed Walker and Moncur. We'd also be top of the table with a +10 goal difference already.

It's funny how Fonguck had plenty of detractors last season and Powell was derided (quite fairly) for his lack of finishing prowess, but now they've departed, we miss them so badly.

Talk about fickle.
Sorry, but this love-in for our Wes baffles me.
Ebbsfleet were 2-0 down at half time on Tuesday, and Wes got hooked as a result. They eventually lost 3-2 but they got a second wind without him. Funny that...
Yesterday, he didn't even get a look in.
Powell got the same HT exit on Tuesday, and his sub scored the Braintree winning goals.
Yesterday, he came on at 75mins and Braintree went from being ahead to settling for a draw.
I'm sure they're nice lads: but they're average footballers, and I mean average for the NL.

Sorry, but this love-in for our Wes baffles me.
Ebbsfleet were 2-0 down at half time on Tuesday, and Wes got hooked as a result. They eventually lost 3-2 but they got a second wind without him. Funny that...
Yesterday, he didn't even get a look in.
Powell got the same HT exit on Tuesday, and his sub scored the Braintree winning goals.
Yesterday, he came on at 75mins and Braintree went from being ahead to settling for a draw.
I'm sure they're nice lads: but they're average footballers, and I mean average for the NL.
No instant success then and I agree it’s most unlikely they’ll get to play at a higher level but our attacking has been distinctly feeble over the first 4 games ,very few chances created,even against Hartlepool’s 10 men and a hopeless Boston.
Fonguck,driving us forward from midfield,bringing out the best in Jack Bridge then replaced for the last 30 mins by the speed and energy of Powell could hardly have been any worse !

Jack Wood showed today what John Still and others saw in him. i don't think i've ever seem him in his best position before, which is a proper winger. he's looked a fish out of water playing in every position apart from right wing, then he goes right wing and looks really good. i hope 4231 remains an option for us so he can show his worth.

Jack Wood showed today what John Still and others saw in him. i don't think i've ever seem him in his best position before, which is a proper winger. he's looked a fish out of water playing in every position apart from right wing, then he goes right wing and looks really good. i hope 4231 remains an option for us so he can show his worth.
Alec Stenhouse back in the day, was a remarkable exception,but it’s fair to say a proper winger should be able to get past his fullback,using speed eg Derek Woodley,Callum Powell or trickery eg Johnny McKinven, Jack Bridge. I’m afraid to say Jack Wood has neither.

Difficult to know what this is but he certainly looked a good foil for GSM on the right hand side of the attack.

Scored a hatful for Tonbridge playing behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 the season before last so there's clearly a player in there.

Back