• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Still

Boreham Blue

Match day squad⭐🦐
Lots made about John Still and his status as a non-league scout. However, there’s an increasing number of critics of some of the signings. Wood meant to be the real talent but not yet making the grade after a fair while, Waldron being heavily criticised and Morton not getting many plaudits. We have successes like Gus and Kensdale and probably too early for Crowther, Wind etc.

Just wondering if people on here will start turning on John soon?

John has done well for us and many other clubs he has scouted for Morton and wood also Waldron are not up to pro football We do need two strikers and another player in midfield But they must come up from leauge clubs .Not yet more part timers

I think you're expecting far too much. If he was scouting players from League 2 then yes I'd expect a higher success rate because it should be obvious if they can hack it in a lower division. It's much harder to do when most of these picks have never played at this level before, you can tell if players have the potential but that's a very different thing to being a finished product. The fact he's picked out 2 good players for us should show he knows what he's doing.

They are not all going to be hits but none of them have been bad signings, especially at this level and a few of them will have been second, third and forth choices behind missed targets.

He is bringing in good players, some will be great but some will just fit in and improve the team and some just won't. When he brings in actual bad players I'll turn on him.

Lots made about John Still and his status as a non-league scout. However, there’s an increasing number of critics of some of the signings. Wood meant to be the real talent but not yet making the grade after a fair while, Waldron being heavily criticised and Morton not getting many plaudits. We have successes like Gus and Kensdale and probably too early for Crowther, Wind etc.

Just wondering if people on here will start turning on John soon?

John's not training them or setting the team up. Is he?

I think you're expecting far too much. If he was scouting players from League 2 then yes I'd expect a higher success rate because it should be obvious if they can hack it in a lower division. It's much harder to do when most of these picks have never played at this level before, you can tell if players have the potential but that's a very different thing to being a finished product. The fact he's picked out 2 good players for us should show he knows what he's doing.
It’s not that I’m expecting too much, I’m very happy with what John does, the question is more a reflection of how quickly people seem to be turning on players and many of them are the players we have picked up from lower leagues.

Back