• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

A BuzzFeed journalist succeeded in registering his cat to vote in the election earlier. The whole thing just gets more farcical every day. And people wonder why they got battered at the general election. Ed Miliband's lasting legacy to Labour will be changing the membership rules so that anyone can pay £3 and vote for the leader. :clap:

If you sign up and pay then you are registered at that point and vetted afterwards.

The membership drive and vote registration drive has been very successful in terms of getting more people involved in the party. There are obviously people who aren't party supporters signing up with ulterior motives but if you look at the size of the memberships of Greens, SWP and even the Tories it won't have much impact. JC was way ahead with the existing membership anyway and if Labour can take members off the Greens, SWP and reclaim previous members than that is a big positive. Growing party membership = good.

Oh please!! The only person who is going to emerge from this charade with any credt is Corbyn. At least he has had the good grace to keep silent on the personal front while Burnham and Cooper have slagged him off from the start. It's about as far from principled as it can be and while Burnham keeps bitching about supposed Tory infiltrators, it barely passes as democratic. Take the blinkers off for 5 minutes.
This is mostly true but if the new leader is not backed by the challengers then it's a real new start. The outcome may well be a rejuvenated Labour Party with an active membership while the focus then turns to ministers voting against the government in the EU referendum. For the Labour Party this could be like a pre-season where a lot of under performing players leave then the new lot goes on to win the league.

This is mostly true but if the new leader is not backed by the challengers then it's a real new start. The outcome may well be a rejuvenated Labour Party with an active membership while the focus then turns to ministers voting against the government in the EU referendum. For the Labour Party this could be like a pre-season where a lot of under performing players leave then the new lot goes on to win the league.

Yeah you keep believing that dream because I don't remember far left labour leaders doing especially well in my life time. Don't tell me you're stuck in the 70's with Chairman Mao Zedong living in Barcelona? I had you down as a bit better than that TBH, maybe I was wrong.
You will go backwards and will never govern under Corbyn's politics.

Yeah you keep believing that dream because I don't remember far left labour leaders doing especially well in my life time. Don't tell me you're stuck in the 70's with Chairman Mao Zedong living in Barcelona? I had you down as a bit better than that TBH, maybe I was wrong.
You will go backwards and will never govern under Corbyn's politics.
Bit of an over reaction to my post that I thought was measured. Nothing to do with Mao, his was a completely unconnected type of politics. Who were the far left Labour leaders that you mention?

Bit of an over reaction to my post that I thought was measured. Nothing to do with Mao, his was a completely unconnected type of politics. Who were the far left Labour leaders that you mention?

When Corbyn wins the party will split,

How about names for the 2 parties

Corbyn's crowd=rabid reds

Other lot=we ain't got a scooby

Michael Foot perhaps? it took people like Kinnock years to drag the Labour party back to being half electable. Huge credit to the man for fighting cretins like Derek Hatton and the like but the party still had to shift further to the right to get elected under Blair.
Corbyn wants to drag them back to the far left mentioning his mates like Diane Abbott, Livingstone and even Hatton. Everyones favourite George Galloway says he will rejoin the party if Corbyn is leader. Everyday folk dismiss these kind of people, they simply don't relate to them.

Michael Foot perhaps? it took people like Kinnock years to drag the Labour party back to being half electable. Huge credit to the man for fighting cretins like Derek Hatton and the like but the party still had to shift further to the right to get elected under Blair.
Corbyn wants to drag them back to the far left mentioning his mates like Diane Abbott, Livingstone and even Hatton. Everyones favourite George Galloway says he will rejoin the party if Corbyn is leader. Everyday folk dismiss these kind of people, they simply don't relate to them.

Imagine the Labour front bench,

Corbyn the leader
Hatton shadow home sec
Abbott shadow anything
Galloway shadow shadow
Scargill Shadow employment
Michael Foot's scarf as vice leader

Votes aplenty for this firm:hilarious:

Imagine the Labour front bench,

Corbyn the leader
Hatton shadow home sec
Abbott shadow anything
Galloway shadow shadow
Scargill Shadow employment
Michael Foot's scarf as vice leader

Votes aplenty for this firm:hilarious:
Some of those are dead and some not members of the Labour Party so looks like an unlikely line up.

Galloway won't be allowed to join the Labour Party. These are different times with different needs to the Foot era so a Labour Party based on its core principals may well connect more with the voting public than in the Foot era - certainly a lot of enthusiasm has been generated in the last few weeks.

***, you have my utmost admiration at the measured and sensible posts you offer on here in the face of fatuous nearly humour and vitriol that rolls out of some posters keyboards. I can't imagine that any of them would ever vote Labour, in fact I suspect some never vote at all.

It is interesting their headline is that Labour will never win an election with JC at the helm. This may be true but why do some get so worked up if they don't want that outcome anyway?

Last edited:
***, you have my utmost admiration at the measured and sensible posts you offer on here in the face of fatuous nearly humour and vitriol that rolls out of some posters keyboards. I can't imagine that any of them would ever vote Labour, in fact I suspect some never vote at all.

It is interesting their headline is that Labour will never win an election with RC at the helm. This may be true but why do some get so worked up if they don't want that outcome anyway?

Well said brother .:winking:

Has Jeremy got a brother called Roger.RC at the helm,maybe Reggie,Rodders,Roderick,Ray,Rhino,Rabid

It is interesting their headline is that Labour will never win an election with RC at the helm. This may be true but why do some get so worked up if they don't want that outcome anyway?
Thanks for the kind words. I make a policy of not taking hallucinogenics before posting. Having seen the other reply to your post I'm not sure everyone can say the same.

Well said brother .:winking:

Has Jeremy got a brother called Roger.RC at the helm,maybe Reggie,Rodders,Roderick,Ray,Rhino,Rabid

I've put it right now. Oh, I did laugh at your comment above.

Michael was a good honest MP / party leader, OK he was left wing, but is that really a bad thing.
If the majority of Labour members wish to go that way fair enough, they have been just if not more right wing than the Tories since Blair became leader.

Personally he and the party let us all down (I admit he got the party in power, but broken promises, IRAQ etc)

Back