• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

Firstly I don't support the Tories.
The Iraq war was illegal as parliament were hoodwinked in believing the dossier of WMD,hence why the current enquiry has had smokescreen upon smokescreen and still after 6 years hasn't been concluded.

Immigration,
Labour concluded themselves it would be good for the country ,Labour did create 1 million jobs with 950,000 going to immigrants,I and many millions never wanted such a policy yet they arrived in their millions,Labour insisted they expected around 30,000 from the Eastern Bloc yet how many arrived 700,000.

One party state,
Definately not,what we require IMO is good sound fair policies for the masses,decent medical care,good justice system,yet they all fail again and again,

On your immigration statement, where did you get your figures from? I would like to understand how accurate they are.

Made up figures of course. Much quicker than research but not ideal for winning arguments.

Labour had a cunning two fold plan for employment

1/.They bribed employers with cash hand outs.
2/.These firms then on their application forms inserted ethnic background info.

Any person British was instantly discarded,Thus guaranteeing the job would go to ethnic people.

Any person British was instantly discarded,Thus guaranteeing the job would go to ethnic people.

Paranoid much?

What a load of *****.

What a load of *****.

Explain how if job applications were fair and the person was solely selected on merit,why have forms which demand your birthplace(what had that got to do with say applying for Asda)Your ethnic background( again what has this to do with working for Tesco)

Asda and Tesco were both enticed by the Labour government to employ immigrants,I seem to Remember both firms were paid £7000 for every ethnic worker they employed plus further incentives for pension contributions.

Let's be honest Asda and Tesco would not give a jot who worked at their stores,but Labour guaranteed the dice was loaded in the immigrants favour.

Explain how if job applications were fair and the person was solely selected on merit,why have forms which demand your birthplace(what had that got to do with say applying for Asda)Your ethnic background( again what has this to do with working for Tesco)

Asda and Tesco were both enticed by the Labour government to employ immigrants,I seem to Remember both firms were paid £7000 for every ethnic worker they employed plus further incentives for pension contributions.

Let's be honest Asda and Tesco would not give a jot who worked at their stores,but Labour guaranteed the dice was loaded in the immigrants favour.

I really think you need to produce a link to a reliable source whenever you make a "mrsblue" claim, nobody believes a word you say and the amount of times you are proven wrong and derail every thread is tiresome

One wonders having read this why Labour apologised for immigration, and belatedly the economy.
And of course the UN were absolutely wrong to call the Iraq war illegal, heaven help us if Saddam had set off all those WMDs he didn't have.

The truth is Labour were unelectable at the last 2 elections as they are too right wing for Scotland and untrusted in England.

Labour are between a rock and a hard place on where they go from here.

So, are you telling me that the Tories wouldn't have done exactly the same thing in Iraq had they been in charge? You know they would have. It still hasn't been declared illegal.

I agree with your assessment on the electability of Labour, although I think it may have been a very different story had Miliband major been captain. I genuinely believe that whoever takes the reins next will only be there in a holding capacity until the party has decided what it wants to be for the future.

So, are you telling me that the Tories wouldn't have done exactly the same thing in Iraq had they been in charge? You know they would have. It still hasn't been declared illegal.

I agree with your assessment on the electability of Labour, although I think it may have been a very different story had Miliband major been captain. I genuinely believe that whoever takes the reins next will only be there in a holding capacity until the party has decided what it wants to be for the future.

Two wrongs would not have made a right, and it is Labour that were in power at the time of the war.

I think you are probably right about Labours next leader being only in a holding capacity.

Margaret Beckett has just admitted she was wrong in voting for Corbyn !

Chaos is the new in word for Labour:smile:

she hasn't said that at all, she said she nominated Corbyn to widen the leadership debate but never had any intention of voting for him. It was a deliberate party wide decision to make sure there were a number of candidates in order to have a proper debate. Now that there is a proper debate the media are going ape****

she hasn't said that at all, she said she nominated Corbyn to widen the leadership debate but never had any intention of voting for him. It was a deliberate party wide decision to make sure there were a number of candidates in order to have a proper debate. Now that there is a proper debate the media are going ape****

She has said she is beginning to wish that she hadn't (nominate) so in fairness that does imply she was wrong.

Oh yes she did !

During her interview yesterday she was asked "was it a mistake voting for Corbyn" she replied "yes"

Oh yes she did !

During her interview yesterday she was asked "was it a mistake voting for Corbyn" she replied "yes"

Im not sure which interview you are referring to but the one I read is below. What she certainly didn't conclude is that Labour is in chaos - it is merely engaging in debate which is what should happen in order to elect a new leader. Some won't like the outcome, that is inevitable.

During an interview with BBC Radio 4's World at One Mrs Beckett was asked if she was, as Mr McTernan put it, a moron for nominating Mr Corbyn. She replied: "I am one of them."
"At no point did I intend to vote for Jeremy myself - nice as he is - nor advise anyone else to do it," she said.
"We were being urged as MPs to have a field of candidates."

note the way the question was structured and which words she didn't use herself

Im not sure which interview you are referring to but the one I read is below. What she certainly didn't conclude is that Labour is in chaos - it is merely engaging in debate which is what should happen in order to elect a new leader. Some won't like the outcome, that is inevitable.

During an interview with BBC Radio 4's World at One Mrs Beckett was asked if she was, as Mr McTernan put it, a moron for nominating Mr Corbyn. She replied: "I am one of them."
"At no point did I intend to vote for Jeremy myself - nice as he is - nor advise anyone else to do it," she said.
"We were being urged as MPs to have a field of candidates."

note the way the question was structured and which words she didn't use herself

Her view was completely different on her phone interview with Sky,she struggled terribly and admitted she was wrong!

Imagine this crowd could now be in power!:omg:

Her view was completely different on her phone interview with Sky,she struggled terribly and admitted she was wrong!

Imagine this crowd could now be in power!:omg:
I can't find a transcript online - google keeps offering the BBC4 one.

with your one liner conclusions on these being so OTT I'm not inclined to take your recollection of what was said as fact.
Not of major importance anyway, Labour has the largest membership of any UK party and the members will decide who leads and then we get on with it.

Two wrongs would not have made a right, and it is Labour that were in power at the time of the war.

I think you are probably right about Labours next leader being only in a holding capacity.

Goody.JC has offered to stand down after two years if he's elected.:winking:

I can't find a transcript online - google keeps offering the BBC4 one.

with your one liner conclusions on these being so OTT I'm not inclined to take your recollection of what was said as fact.
Not of major importance anyway, Labour has the largest membership of any UK party and the members will decide who leads and then we get on with it.

No, it's a three way split between party members,MP's and the Unions, actually.

Back