• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we do get a loan striker from them, hopefully they'll be more Barnard than Moran, Beadle or Coulthirst.

I was there for Paul Moran's one and only appearance for us.

A 3-1 defeat away at Bournemouth.

To say he wasn't interested was an understatement! :blush:

A young Spurs striker by the looks of it. Let's hope he can cope with holding the ball up in a full on mens game.

Young striker from Spurs apparently. I reckon it’s likely to be one of the following:

Kazaiah Sterling
Shayon Harrison (linless likely as his loan spell to Yeovil wasn’t great)
Rodel Richards

Out of those, Sterling seems the most likely I think.

Would prefer to think none of above- Richards only played U18 football, Harrison not great at Yeovil in L2, Sterling best of them but not the target man everyone agrees we need- one caveat Ron did say maybe two strikers

Norwich have bagged the biggest Spurs prospect on loan; Marcus Edwards. He'd have never have dropped to L1 though.

Id take the kid Sterling over the other 2 mentioned, although I'd still prefer a big target man.

Interesting to see how a 'year older' Luke Amos will fair at Stevenage, where he's just gone in loan, as don't think PB gave him a chance and I reckon there is a decent player there to be had.

Eddie Clayton left us at the end of the 1969/70 season for Ashford Town, thereby missing the friendly against Fiorentina.
He's 80 now, but could make a good impact sub for the last 5 minutes !:smile:

Eddie Clayton left us at the end of the 1969/70 season for Ashford Town, thereby missing the friendly against Fiorentina.
He's 80 now, but could make a good impact sub for the last 5 minutes !:smile:

When people have been calling for a pacemaker up front, I’m not sure this is what they had in mind

My mate a Spurs fan said that this Sterling lad is a real prospect, around 6 foot but really good in the air

Looks like Shayon Harrison as CP said he has played in the League Cup.

Was about to say the same.

Harrison made a League Cup appearance against Liverpool last season before his loan spell to Yeovil, so looks like he’s our man.

Here is the lowdown on Sterling, sounds good:

https://tinyurl.com/ycrnp3aj

What did I just watch? A video from 5th of December last year, containing 30 professional footballers being able to pass the ball to each other 10 yards a part!

Even by Spurs admission in that article, he is weak at one -on-one situations & in a close area contact.

Sounds like a poor man's Luke Amos to me.

This is Division One football after all, there's lots of more experienced pro's out there, that are more than willing to kick the poor kid into row Z at every opportunity, week in, & week out.

IMO, We need someone more solid, As others have said, some tall guy built like a brick $h1t house, an aggressive sort, that's not afraid to put his head where others wouldn't consider putting their boot into.
Think of Kevin Maher or Gary Deegan or Wayne Gray...Just with the added bonus with a natural eye for goal.

On that basis, I'm afraid it's a No from me.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Last edited:
Meh. Just seems like a kid who is at a big club but hasn't done anything yet.

Think I would rather see playing time invested in Ba and Wabo ...

Meh. Just seems like a kid who is at a big club but hasn't done anything yet.

Think I would rather see playing time invested in Ba and Wabo ...

That’s my thoughts but I also probably thought the same when we signed Assombalonga and look how that turned out.

Give the lad a chance in Powell we trust.

This must be the latest that Southend have made their first signing of a transfer window? Assuming it happens.

Back