• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What the hell is the problem for our club when it comes to signing players.Do we not have a scouting network, do we not watch reserve team games It does my head in how transfer windows come and go year after year and we sign no one.We have 700k in the bank surely we could get a half decent striker in.
We get told every window we have our targets.We will be getting players in yet nothing ever happens.I seriously wonder about the ambition of this club and weather its just all talk and sound bites..

I also wonder about our youngsters development and would be keen to see more loaned out for their development, as i see it as such a key to our progress. So whilst Im clinging to the seat in hopes of at least one or two new decent entrants in the next 48 hours, I feel just as desperate to see some of our youth get more opportunities for growth.
Despite the wealth of Man U and City , Chelsea are still recognised as the best and most successful in the UK ( trophies won and revenue generated ) in this aspect. They sell on very skilfully. I was really pleased when Walker, Bexon and Bedford went out on Loan and would like to see more of it.. Fortunately here the window doesnt apply much to academy players, so why not a little more exposure for Coutts, Matsuzaka , Klass, Cotton and Philips for example. Chelsea are the best and masters at it, with between 27 and 30 youngsters out on loan at any one time. Conte said this year tough choices were made about prioritising loaning out and developing the youngsters rather than defending their title, a key move for the future. Mind you they have 4 staff , full time just supporting the loaned out across the planet

Chris Phillips: "Expect blues to sign a striker on loan tomorrow".

Young striker from Spurs apparently. I reckon it’s likely to be one of the following:

Kazaiah Sterling
Shayon Harrison (less likely as his loan spell to Yeovil wasn’t great)
Rodel Richards

Out of those, Sterling seems the most likely I think.

Young striker from Spurs apparently. I reckon it’s likely to be one of the following:

Kazaiah Sterling
Rodel Richards

From the briefest of internet searches I think I'd rather Shayon Harrison - bigger and more experienced.

I'd see that loan spell as a big positive, even if it wasn't that successful. A year on you'd hoped he'd learnt from it and improved.

Kazaiah Sterling
Rodel Richards

I would wet myself with excitement if it is Sterling. Kid is legit.

Tick tock time is moving on and nothing happening as of yet, defenders seem to be our issue + the can't score forwards

RBs Demetriou, Bwomono, White
LB Coker, Hendrie, Kyprianou, White
CB Turner, White, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Kiernan (injured)

More than enough bodies there.

What the hell is the problem for our club when it comes to signing players.Do we not have a scouting network, do we not watch reserve team games It does my head in how transfer windows come and go year after year and we sign no one.We have 700k in the bank surely we could get a half decent striker in.
We get told every window we have our targets.We will be getting players in yet nothing ever happens.I seriously wonder about the ambition of this club and weather its just all talk and sound bites..

There is a major reason why players haven't been signing for us. Lets hope CP can get round it this summer....We shall see.

There is a major reason why players haven't been signing for us. Lets hope CP can get round it this summer....We shall see.

That’s very true: we’ve been going after unrealistic targets in the far frozen North. CP will get round that, I’m confident of it.

That’s very true: we’ve been going after unrealistic targets in the far frozen North. CP will get round that, I’m confident of it.

I knew that wouldn't take long:winking:

Guess what nothing to do with where the players live or being unrealistic targets.

Back