• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil who started him in every game but one since December?

No.

Not that one.

The one who, since December, left him out of the two games against Bradford City and the games against Peterborough, Crewe and Bury...........and the one who never gave Jack more than nine consecutive league starts throughout his time here.

That's the Phil to whom I was referring.

He left him out at the end of the season when the play offs were gone and it was clear he wasnt going to sign a contract, not because of ability, same as Bentley. (and even then he was brought on as a sub for two of them)

He actually started every league game and the cup game in November as well.

He started against Peterbrough.

The other Bradford game the pitch was a mess and he was left out specifically because we knew it was going to be a slog.

In the last 24 games (before the contract situation) he started 21 of them. Yeah sounds like Phil really didnt rate him.

Payne took a while to get going last season but once he got into the side in November he was rarely not in the starting 11.

Last edited:
He left him out at the end of the season when the play offs were gone and it was clear he wasnt going to sign a contract, not because of ability, same as Bentley. (and even then he was brought on as a sub for two of them)

He actually started every league game and the cup game in November as well.

He started against Peterbrough.

The other Bradford game the pitch was a mess and he was left out specifically because we knew it was going to be a slog.

In the last 24 games (before the contract situation) he started 21 of them. Yeah sounds like Phil really didnt rate him.

Payne took a while to get going last season but once he got into the side in November he was rarely not in the starting 11.

Fascinating but false.

Try checking your facts.

Personally I like the way Payne had been handled. We did not overplay him, brought him on well and did enough to earn him a move to a higher league. Hopefully he will benefit from the opportunity we gave him and go on to having a good solid career.

I hope we have a very good sell on fee because he isn't going to be at Huddersfield for long at this rate. I can see a big bid coming in come January which may make us a mint.

Not the mint we would have made had we managed him and his contract properly.

I hope we have a very good sell on fee because he isn't going to be at Huddersfield for long at this rate. I can see a big bid coming in come January which may make us a mint.

We didn't sell him in the first place? His contract expired so he was a free agent, the only money we'll get is a tribunal fee.

Personally I like the way Payne had been handled. We did not overplay him, brought him on well and did enough to earn him a move to a higher league. Hopefully he will benefit from the opportunity we gave him and go on to having a good solid career.

Scored the winner at Newcastle today, coming on as a late sub.

He can't have scored, I thought some people said he wasn't good enough and staying with us was essential to his progression! I think Messi would have struggled to progress under our current regime. Well done Jackie.

Does anyone know when the tribunal fee is decided? If he continues in this vein could we get a better deal?

Again, I refer you to the most recent - published - Liaison Meeting minutes:

SK advised that the situation with regard to Jack’s move to Huddersfield Town has been resolved to the Club’s satisfaction

I take that to mean that money has or is imminently about to change hands. I'm not sure a tribunal has actually been necessary.

Back