• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but when will we know what compensation we are due for Payne?
Danny Ings signed for Liverpool in similar circumstances this time last year, 27th June 2015, the fee was decided 28th April 2016. Can imagine it may vary slightly as we are both smaller clubs with fewer clauses regarding internationals etc. and less experience to base it on than a player like Ings.

I did say how many the poster has GIVEN not received :thumbsup: Big difference. Those on here that slag the most never seem to agree with anyone other than themselves.

Apologies, my bleary eyes... I don't agree with your premise though. Quite a few people on here didn't want and don't use the Like system. And I would bet that most likes are simply given to people the giver agrees with, so almost the same as patting oneself on the back.

We signed Anthony Straker on 2nd July 2012 and were ordered to pay Aldershot £17,500 on the 22nd Oct 12.

We signed Anthony Straker on 2nd July 2012 and were ordered to pay Aldershot £17,500 on the 22nd Oct 12.

I don't suppose that included a money back warranty if not completely satisfied, did it?

Never mind that - Sale of Goods Act and misrepresentation I reckon. We thought we were buying a professional football player and got a bloke with clown's feet and a comedy act. :omg:

Was it Chesterfield away in the FA Cup where he had his Gordon Connelly moment?

Maybe Sturrock bought him after seeing a youtube highlight reel.

And with his head says the Huddersfield Town report ............ mind you, he was sat on the shoulders of a team mate at the time ..............:unsure:
Was impressed with Payne in the 30 minutes he got (he played 60 the other day so it was his turn to sit on the bench)

Very positive, always looking to turn and drive forwards and also aggressive in winning the ball back when he lost it (something our manager is obsessed about - reactive pressure). Played a part in the first goal with a nice flick while getting flattened and good to see him getting in the six yard box for his goal. Also scored against Accrington last weekend

He's got some serious competition for his place now we've signed Kasey Palmer from Chelsea. Hopefully he will thrive on that

[video=youtube;oYrJw3sMsvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYrJw3sMsvg[/video]

Was impressed with Payne in the 30 minutes he got (he played 60 the other day so it was his turn to sit on the bench)

Very positive, always looking to turn and drive forwards and also aggressive in winning the ball back when he lost it (something our manager is obsessed about - reactive pressure). Played a part in the first goal with a nice flick while getting flattened and good to see him getting in the six yard box for his goal. Also scored against Accrington last weekend

He's got some serious competition for his place now we've signed Kasey Palmer from Chelsea. Hopefully he will thrive on that

[video=youtube;oYrJw3sMsvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYrJw3sMsvg[/video]

Admittedly only a minute and a half footage but you guys look like an excellent footballing side. Everyone comfortable on the ball.

Admittedly only a minute and a half footage but you guys look like an excellent footballing side. Everyone comfortable on the ball.

Yep, it seems to be starting to be picked up on. It's the reason why Palmer and Mooy have chosen to sign for us (along with Wagner being manager). Hopefully we will get a lot more recognition for it this year. All the players we've signed, including the defenders, look extremely comfortable in possession. We're a lucky set of fans at the moment and just enjoying it while it lasts

It's a style which suits Payne perfectly too

IF that fee is correct then that's a very good price. I doubt it will be all up front though.

Back