• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How to watch Southend United on National League TV

Not sure where to stick this question, but I'll start here.

Previously (last season) when 'abroad' I've cast the match stream from my laptop to our Android TV. Yesterday was our first time watching via DAZN and although I could see the cast command on Chrome, no matter what I did it would not cast. No big deal as I resorted to an HDMI cable route, job done. Has anyone else had this problem, and is it something to do with DAZN maybe? I've tried casting the highlights from YouTube and all works as usual.

Not sure where to stick this question, but I'll start here.

Previously (last season) when 'abroad' I've cast the match stream from my laptop to our Android TV. Yesterday was our first time watching via DAZN and although I could see the cast command on Chrome, no matter what I did it would not cast. No big deal as I resorted to an HDMI cable route, job done. Has anyone else had this problem, and is it something to do with DAZN maybe? I've tried casting the highlights from YouTube and all works as usual.
By tucking my SUFC shirt in my underpants and using my Mod super powers, I have sussed why I had problems. A while ago Mrs RHB had problems with the TV and pressed just about every button on the remote to solve her angst! Turns out that the TV had disconnected itself from the network router. Reconnection done, problem solved.

Just back from a 10,000 mile European road trip to attend a wedding in Poland, So wont be at the Hall to see us thrash Boston. Dropped car keys 15 yards from the car in an underground car park in Groningen. City Centre and then Car wouldnt start ! So Extended stay in Hotel, coughed 25 euros a day f also or extra parking, spent double that on taxis to car dealer and 2 visits to a magician of a locksmith , just as wife then reported she had Covid, Finally made it home after 10 hour stint and another £100 for changing Euro tunnel return day. Spent £45 on European breakdown cover but they refused to help as they said I had failed to validate the policy by not phoning them on the day I was leaving, even though I gave them the precise dates for the insurance

So a quick tip.
1. Read all the fine print

2. Decided to cheer myself up by signing up on the new NAT TV website. Did the re registering thing but couldnt log in as the sidebar page to log in is too large and so couldnt scroll down on lap top far enough to log in

Finally able to do so by making my text size extremely tiny, although I almost now need a microscope to read it, but at least im in !
Thought this might help anyone else reeling from travel exhaustion, poor eyesight, nd a Mrs with Covid that you are desperately trying to avoid but are struggling with the same log in problem on a laptop!

Up the shrimpers ! Have Great day

2. Decided to cheer myself up by signing up on the new NAT TV website. Did the re registering thing but couldnt log in as the sidebar page to log in is too large and so couldnt scroll down on lap top far enough to log in

Finally able to do so by making my text size extremely tiny, although I almost now need a microscope to read it, but at least im in !
Thought this might help anyone else reeling from travel exhaustion, poor eyesight, nd a Mrs with Covid that you are desperately trying to avoid but are struggling with the same log in problem on a laptop!
Sorry to hear your troubled journey and hope the wife feels better soon.

I've found that issue of not being able to scroll down on popups on various sites using Chrome browser. If I switch to edge browser usually works ok.

Or just get iptv and watch every game
Wouldn't lose sleep doing this for a premier league match but given 60% of the NLTV price goes to Southend I'd rather pay for NLTV streams than give the money to some bloke who is going to keep all the money to himself.

Wouldn't lose sleep doing this for a premier league match but given 60% of the NLTV price goes to Southend I'd rather pay for NLTV streams than give the money to some bloke who is going to keep all the money to himself.
60% - as much as that, surprises me a little. Haven't seen a figure declared publicly before - do you have a source?

Is it 60% to the home team rather than 60% to us every game?

60% - as much as that, surprises me a little. Haven't seen a figure declared publicly before - do you have a source?
Is it 60% to the home team rather than 60% to us every game?
It's 60% to us, it's why the website asks who you support when you create an account. Personally I think that's unfair and 60% to the home side would make more sense but that's what the NL decided. I don't know if the terms will change when DAZN take over though.

It's 60% to us, it's why the website asks who you support when you create an account. Personally I think that's unfair and 60% to the home side would make more sense but that's what the NL decided. I don't know if the terms will change when DAZN take over though.

Interesting so I take it when we sign up and say we're a supporter of Southend, we get 60% of the £9.99

So 60% of net revenue not 60% of what a punter pays

So 60% of net revenue not 60% of what a punter pays
Depends what they mean by "net revenue", you aren't supposed to include operating costs like mantenance and salary in the calculation, only the actual cost of making the product, so I'm not sure what costs would really be deducted (renting a camera maybe?). Then again it is the NL so they could have mixed it up with net profit.

Does anyone have a way to sync bbc Essex commentary with the pictures as I can only access the Essex commentary via the bbc sport website and it doesn’t seem to have a pause/rewind option unlike bbc sounds..I hate watching it with the other teams commentary

I've already got an email confirming a £5 refund which is good, I remember last time I needed a refund from them it took weeks for them to respond.

I received a 50% refund email and an apology for the Barnet game today. There was an interesting extract (below) to be aware of. I've asked for clarification of how to add my favourite team.

A few supporters’ accounts, for some reason, do not have the ‘favourite team’ listed on record, despite this being part of the registration process. However I have verified from your watch history that this is the game you were watching.

Back